"Healthier"/favorite alcoholic drinks

Options

Replies

• Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    valskeete wrote: »
    Keto-er + health freak + document EVERYTHING + super rare drinker = hot toddy :)

Idk what most of that means but I am a super frequent drinker. And it's hard to minimize to there haha
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    lisalsd1 wrote: »
    A pint of Guinness is less than 200 calories. Of course, I drink 3.

The last time I had Guinness it was trunk beer. Haven't drank it since. The stuff does not taste good hot.
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    White wine and soda water, rum, lime and soda water...
    Tequila and soda water is my favorite.

The soda water was a legit find.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Tito's vodka, over ice
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Gin + LaCroix = YUM
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A glass of red wine, diet coke with some whiskey, or some cranberry juice with a little coconut rum and a splash of triple sec.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Angry Orchard is healthy
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    Tito's vodka, over ice

Solid choice. I like a splash of something with it, unless I'm drinking good rum or whiskey. Vodka is so versatile though.
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    Angry Orchard is healthy

Haha idk about the validity of that.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    If I'm drinking it's usually red wine.
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    So I made a drink last night. It was Titos, lime seltzer water, a frozen strawberry, lime slice, and a few olives....served in a crystal glass of course. It was tasty. 700 calories for 12oz of vodka
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I had some grey goose vodka that I had soaked some raisins in,( I make hard cider and needed to sterilize the raisins before adding them to the fermenting cider) and there's NO way I was going to throw out perfectly good vodka. So I used a shot of the raisin vodka, added some kumbucha, (I make that too) and seltzer with lemon. On the rocks. All who had one, or two, agreed that recipe was a keeper. But can't go wrong with grey goose on the rocks with a twist of lemon when nothing else is available.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    Tito's vodka, over ice

This, but even better over some mashed up rasberries.

I like mixed drinks, and love good liquors mixed with lemonade, but have found that good flavored vodka (florida cane mango, or the deep eddy grapefruit) is good with simple sparkling water and lime, and of course good whiskey is also fine the same way.

And more important, just cutting back on frequency works even better than trying to de-calorize drinks. One or two days a week of drinking 2 of something I like, not a few days a week of just one.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Jameson on the rocks
  • JuliaHaleFitness
    JuliaHaleFitness Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Red wine or my boyfriend shakes up our own skinny margaritas--lime juice (fresh) tequila and a touch of honey. Add some mint or basil for fun!
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    White wine or coconut rum with diet Mt. dew!

I mix mine with Coke Zero, but I bet diet dew is good, too! Gotta try that!

• dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Jim Beam Apple or fireball over ice, good whiskey with water & lemon. Whiskey drinker mostly since live in Ky lol. Occas. wine and flavored rums. I ALWAYS drink with an add'l glass of ice water along side too. Enjoy about 2 x a week ;)
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    farmerpam1 wrote: »
    I had some grey goose vodka that I had soaked some raisins in,( I make hard cider and needed to sterilize the raisins before adding them to the fermenting cider) and there's NO way I was going to throw out perfectly good vodka. So I used a shot of the raisin vodka, added some kumbucha, (I make that too) and seltzer with lemon. On the rocks. All who had one, or two, agreed that recipe was a keeper. But can't go wrong with grey goose on the rocks with a twist of lemon when nothing else is available.

Haha alcohol should never be wasted. I've never had kombucha. I'll have to try this one sometime.
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    Jameson on the rocks

Love me some jamo. Still bummed I never got 2 of the 7 collectible shot glasses they had last year.
  • xRezin
    xRezin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We have completely eliminated soda has a mixer in favor of plane seltzer. That saves us quite a few soda calories every time we have a few drinks. And it tastes pretty good, especially with things like flavored vodka :-)