Where do I start with weights??

Options
Hi everyone, I'm lucky enough that hubby has a weights bench and weights in our garage, although the initial workout maybe liberating and cleaning it, I just don't know where to start. Can anyone help please??

Replies

• tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com find a program that works all rhe different muscle groups and thay you like and suits your goals, level, and the equipment you have. Bodybuilding.ocm has a nice little thing where you answer like 4 questions and they suggest a couple of programs that might fit you. Or I'm sure you'll get lots of other suggestions of programs that have worked for other people.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Check out leaner, thinner, stronger by Mike Matthews, it's a great book and program to get you going.
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I use the stronglifts 5x5 program, it basically starts with an empty bar, and you go up from there. It's a great way to begin lifting weights.
  • dvis334
    dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use the stronglifts 5x5 program, it basically starts with an empty bar, and you go up from there. It's a great way to begin lifting weights.

Second this. StrongLifts 5x5 or Starting Strength will both get you ridiculously strong in a relatively short amount of time.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Start with Bench Press, the mother of all lifts. :)