Let's adopt a Positive Mental Attitude

Options
Looking for positive people to add me on here.

Our age, gender or goals don't need to be the same.

I'm 30, F from the UK and I train hard to compete in BJJ and I'm entering the next step on my fitness journey so want to be tracking, accountable and positive with some friends along the way.

My biggest obstacles are usually family obligations and my career. Right now routine is hard but I'm determined to take control. This means I eat wrong I don't exercise and it begins to spiral.

Add me, let's push each other and stay motivated. Post a bit about yourself below too so we can get to know each other.

Replies

• wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat youngster. Busy household, 3 jobs, 3 sons that eat anything and everything, and pretty much any other stressor you can think of. I'm in it for me and nobody else----LETS DO THIS!!!
  • Jus_gem
    Jus_gem Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cool wrenegade64 it looks like you have made some good progress, I like your attitude, that makes you a good role model for your sons. Life can't always be about fitness, health, so we have to find a way to balance it. I find those around me underestimate the amount of work it takes to achieve positive changes.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    43, retired from the military, gained 60+lbs. Goal to get back to my "fighting weight." Lost 40ish so far.

BJJ blue belt. Try to train 4 times/week.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Female, 42, from US (Illinois) and I need to lose 50 more pounds to be at my best! I have 3 kids, full time job and I am a grad student. I would love to join this group. I'm doing weight training 3-4 times a week (just starting, so they are small workouts) and cardio the other days, with 1-2 days off.
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, JusGem & everyone else! You're absolutely on the ball with putting PAM at the top of your list--I battle with keeping that up daily & hourly (as do many of you I'm sure). Feel free to add me!

Seems challenging when you're mid-30s and 20-30 lbs above ideal weight for a 5' frame--particularly for office working women. Joined the gym last Oct and I've been regular about going to bootcamp style classes 3-4 days a week since Nov/Dec, hopefully working my way up to the heavy lifting I did when I was 30.

In the effort to live well, I'm also listening to positive & motivational audio books, trying to meditate nightly before bed, setting small goals (work-wise), and cultivating real hobbies aside from kvetching (novel idea for me!). Work in progress, and the work is never done.

Honestly I'm really loving the feeling of empowerment you get from taking responsibility and holding yourself accountable for as much of your life as you have control over. And what you cannot change, I'm really happy to find that I can choose how I'm responding, instead of letting it control me. Well, a lot of the time--like I said, it's a work in progress.

So if you're that feeling positivity when before you may have been a negative Nancy (like I was), and if you're feeling like you'd like some friends in the life enhancement arena (mental & physical)--I'm here to say RIGHT ON! Let's do it!
  • Jus_gem
    Jus_gem Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Added guys!

Sometimes you need to go back to basics, we get caught up in the moment and forget the simple things.

When I first started training I realised it was my attitude that needed to shift for me to see a change, my training continued and my attitude regressed, my progress slowed down.

It's natural as you enter each new stage to need to see a change in attitude to get ready for new things. To draw a base line from which to start.