Appreciating our bodies

Options
Sometimes it's good to remember to appreciate our bodies, to motivate ourselves to take care of them... What is one thing that you appreciate about your body?

I appreciate that my immune system has done a great job of fighting off the influenza that I've been surrounded with for going on 2 weeks...

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    That it works as it is supposed to.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I appreciate that my body allows me to take part in an active lifestyle. Yoga 2 times today? Don't mind if I do!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have two arms and two legs that work fairly well for the most part and since I started being more active and strengthening my legs, my old knee injury has actually hurt less.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the overwhelming complexity & how much my body gets right, day in and day out with little appreciation or even acknowledgement...
    I also really appreciate my strong defined legs & how far they carry me each day...
    Just coming off a case of plantars, so yeah, bottoms of the feet, I appreciate y'uns too!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I appreciate my beautiful legs that carry me through life!
  • RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This poem is what appreciate about my body: "What did your body do for you today?
    Did those eyes you wish would sparkle a little more open to see a new day?
    Did those feet you want to be model size 6 land on the floor to brace yourself for the day ahead?
    Did the legs you criticize as being too big, too flabby or twig-like walk you where you needed to go and stand tall in the face of life's struggles?
    Did that stomach you cringe at in the mirror take in and digest food to nourish your body and soul?
    Did the chest that never measures up to sports illustrated or feels like bowling balls weighing you down feel the beating of your heart giving life's blood to the rest of your body?
    Did your arms you want to cover up wrap around someone you love in a warm embrace?
    Did that "double chin" get thrown back in laughter?
    Did those lips you want to be plump like a celebrity speak words of kindness to another human?
    Did the nose you contour to "perfection" breathe in deeply as you lay you head down to sleep?

Our bodies are the vessel we use to move through life and spread love. The true sign of beauty is the look on others faces when you are around, not the image we see in the mirror"
  • ladymeldrum82
    ladymeldrum82 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That it works as it is supposed to.

:)
  • ladymeldrum82
    Options
    I appreciate my little belly gives me a dadbod!

• ladymeldrum82
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I appreciate that my body allows me to take part in an active lifestyle. Yoga 2 times today? Don't mind if I do!

I love yoga!!!
  • ladymeldrum82
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I have two arms and two legs that work fairly well for the most part and since I started being more active and strengthening my legs, my old knee injury has actually hurt less.

• ladymeldrum82
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I appreciate the overwhelming complexity & how much my body gets right, day in and day out with little appreciation or even acknowledgement...
    I also really appreciate my strong defined legs & how far they carry me each day...
    Just coming off a case of plantars, so yeah, bottoms of the feet, I appreciate y'uns too!

• ladymeldrum82
    Options
    I appreciate my beautiful legs that carry me through life!

• ladymeldrum82
    Options
    This poem is what appreciate about my body: "What did your body do for you today?
    Did those eyes you wish would sparkle a little more open to see a new day?
    Did those feet you want to be model size 6 land on the floor to brace yourself for the day ahead?
    Did the legs you criticize as being too big, too flabby or twig-like walk you where you needed to go and stand tall in the face of life's struggles?
    Did that stomach you cringe at in the mirror take in and digest food to nourish your body and soul?
    Did the chest that never measures up to sports illustrated or feels like bowling balls weighing you down feel the beating of your heart giving life's blood to the rest of your body?
    Did your arms you want to cover up wrap around someone you love in a warm embrace?
    Did that "double chin" get thrown back in laughter?
    Did those lips you want to be plump like a celebrity speak words of kindness to another human?
    Did the nose you contour to "perfection" breathe in deeply as you lay you head down to sleep?

Our bodies are the vessel we use to move through life and spread love. The true sign of beauty is the look on others faces when you are around, not the image we see in the mirror"

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It created life, twice
  • ladymeldrum82
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It created life, twice

:) (3 here)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget to thanks our minds and confidence as well. And as poetry has already been used once in this thread, I'm gonna add this (one of my favourites)

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
    I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
    But when I start to tell them,
    They think I’m telling lies.
    I say,
    It’s in the reach of my arms,
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me.