HCLF Vegan

Options
Hello,
Just wondering do there was anyone else following a high carb low fat vegan lifestyle on here! I see a lot of people on a LCHF diet on here so I was wondering if there was anyone following my diet :)

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Probably. You can use the search feature as well to see. There is a happy herbivores group and some other vegan groups you can search for too but that's the most active. I don't know how to post links so sorry! I'm vegan but I try carb cycle so on low carb days I try to up my fats I know that's not exactly what you are doing tho. On my hc days I do low fats. ( I do my best as I am new to veganism and still learning!)
  • cammie1751
    cammie1751 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on the High Carb Low Fat vegan diet. Last year I lost 10 pounds from doing it, but had to stop being vegan due to travel. Now I am back on the HCLF and feeling great.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I don't know about LCHF Vegan, but I know there are several LCHF vegetarians. Here is the link to the mail ow carber forum group in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles hang out (vegetarian LCHF's too):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Might want to drop by and say hello. I'm sure you'll probably find a couple of Vegans there too.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I consider myself high carb and mostly low fat. Also vegan.
  • dominiquerobb
    dominiquerobb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a HCLF Vegan! Lost 30 lbs. in 2 months.
  • tthorne421
    tthorne421 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How did you do that?
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Just curious... What level of fat intake qualifies as low? I'm vegetarian and rarely exceed my fat target, but I suspect HCLF is even lower than that.
  • katemay131
    katemay131 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm HCLF vegan as well! you should add me :smiley:
  • Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm high carb low fat vegan, absolutely Loving the results! Have you found any side effects? My skin can be quite dry
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I'm high carb low fat vegan, absolutely Loving the results! Have you found any side effects? My skin can be quite dry

LOL. That's the low-fat.

Are you eating 10% fat? I'd bump it up to 15-20% and make sure it's all good quality overt fats like nuts, avocado, and flax/chia for omega-3. Also make sure you're eating zinc rich foods.

• Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

LOL. That's the low-fat.

Are you eating 10% fat? I'd bump it up to 15-20% and make sure it's all good quality overt fats like nuts, avocado, and flax/chia for omega-3. Also make sure you're eating zinc rich foods.

I'm eating 20% fats - I've always struggled with dry skin

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely high carb, but not really low-fat. (Is high-carb, moderate-fat a thing? :D ) Please feel free to add, if that's your cup of tea. Diary is open.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Why low fat? Fat is fantastic for our hair, skin, nails, digestive system, and some vitamins rely on fat for solubility.
    Fat isn't the enemy.....
  • ang1684
    ang1684 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am but not much help as I only started last week! So still learning this life as a vegan and researching how to get in all the protein etc that I need
  • ang1684
    ang1684 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ang1684 wrote: »
    I am but not much help as I only started last week! So still learning this life as a vegan and researching how to get in all the protein etc that I need

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Why low fat? Fat is fantastic for our hair, skin, nails, digestive system, and some vitamins rely on fat for solubility.
    Fat isn't the enemy.....

I'm curious about this too..

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

LOL. That's the low-fat.

I'm eating 20% fats - I've always struggled with dry skin

That could be a sign of low thyroid function too. It could be worth getting your TSH, freeT4 and free T3 checked.
  • ItsABreeThing
    ItsABreeThing Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im glad this group is here. There are so many ridiculous group on mfp promoting all meat diets, ketogenic diets, all protein diets.... It's absolutely insane.