Myfitnesspal app not syncing with Web version

Options
Can anyone help me please as I am having syncing issues.

I have been entering my food on the phone app all day but if I login on the Web version none of my food is listed on there.

I also have a fitbit... the exercise from my fitbit is showing on the Web version but not on my app.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app and logging in and out but nothing seems to work.

I do not need to use the Web version so if I can get the app to work correctly and sync my extra fitbit calories that would be great. Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks

Replies

• amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem! I hope you find the answer. Drives me nuts.
  • donnamariehefford
    Options
    still isn't working today... begginning to be very annoying!
  • DIPsMom71
    DIPsMom71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Website has 6 meals, app only 3
  • rocklawnyc
    rocklawnyc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same issues including syncing with FitBit over the same time period.
  • rocklawnyc
    rocklawnyc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    see below:

Home >
    Announcements from our Tech Team >
    Data is not syncing from Android devices

Monday, 2/15/2016, 5:52pm PST

Hello,

We have reports that some users are experiencing sync issues on their Android devices. This can also cause profiles viewed on the website to show incomplete food and exercise information.

Please do not reinstall the app at this time, any information that has not synced will be lost if this is done. We have a fix coming in version 5.6.1 of the Android app. We will begin releasing this update the evening of Monday 2/15/16, and should have it available to all members by end of day tomorrow, 2/16/16.

Once we have this fix is live, unsynced data should sync as expected. The only possible item that may not sync is custom exercises. If you have logged any custom exercises after this issue started, you may have to re-log those.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff
  • bizzybeathatsme
    bizzybeathatsme Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issues.. I put in my meals on my iPhone, but, it's not syncing with my PC.. wen I add the meal in, then it will show up 2x.,
  • donnamariehefford
    Options

Thank you... fingers crossed! :smile:

rocklawnyc wrote: »
    see below:

Home >
    Announcements from our Tech Team >

Monday, 2/15/2016, 5:52pm PST

Hello,

We have reports that some users are experiencing sync issues on their Android devices. This can also cause profiles viewed on the website to show incomplete food and exercise information.

Please do not reinstall the app at this time, any information that has not synced will be lost if this is done. We have a fix coming in version 5.6.1 of the Android app. We will begin releasing this update the evening of Monday 2/15/16, and should have it available to all members by end of day tomorrow, 2/16/16.

Once we have this fix is live, unsynced data should sync as expected. The only possible item that may not sync is custom exercises. If you have logged any custom exercises after this issue started, you may have to re-log those.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff

• donnamariehefford
    Options
    I have just done the update on my phone and it appears to be working now.x
  • Raj9002
    Raj9002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue , Myfitnesspal app not syncing with Web version. Did this ever get fixed?
  • bkdraper
    bkdraper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    been having the same problem. just noticed that if in the app, i go to More > Sync then the web updates within a few seconds. not ideal to have to do it manually but at least its something. This has been driving me nuts.

to the MyFitnessPal team: maybe you should just save directly to a cloud db instead of on-device with an async upload. you're not gaining anything by storing on-device but you are causing a UX problem with the lack of syncing.