Low carb breakfasts

Options
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but, I need quick to prepare (or freezable) breakfasts. I don't eat eggs, fish or cottage cheese (they make me sick :( ) can anyone help? I'm getting bored of green apples and natural yogurt or sausages/mushrooms/tomatoes combos lol!

If anyone knows any good sites post the link and I'll sift through ;)

Thank you!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you need to follow a low carb diet for health issues? If not, you can eat anything you want. That is easiest for most people, so I just mention it in case it would help you. If you don't eat eggs or fish or cottage cheese, you're left with meat and shellfish for protein without carbs, so you have to combine those and add some fat and vegetables for your meals.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Protein powder pancakes
    Bacon
    Sausage
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Don't fear carbs too much. I've lost a lot easily following a high complex carb diet.
    Lentils, quinoa, barley, brown rice, wheat pasta, sweet potatoes, even fiber cereal and plain oatmeal for breakfast.
    If low carb is becoming difficult, consider choosing a diet that is easier to follow for life.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I used to eat cereal, a banana, a few nuts, and berries (frozen or fresh). Now I just cut out the cereal and eat a full serving of nuts (usually walnuts). That is at least lower carb, and there is nothing man-made in it, which seems kinda nice.
  • JuliaHaleFitness
    JuliaHaleFitness Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes, overnight oatmeal with Greek yogurt, berry/Greek yogurt smoothie bowls with granola and fruit!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Leftovers are good although I prefer coffee with cream and protein powder.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    why avoid carbs?? so how to you feel you got enough energy? high fat/protein breakfast then tons of coffee? that's not healthy.

Humans are starch eaters. don't be afraid of your whole-plants starches. Oatmeal is amazing for breakfast

Carbs are not needed for energy. For many, high fat or higher protein is a very healthy way to eat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Tuesday20 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked a million times but, I need quick to prepare (or freezable) breakfasts. I don't eat eggs, fish or cottage cheese (they make me sick :( ) can anyone help? I'm getting bored of green apples and natural yogurt or sausages/mushrooms/tomatoes combos lol!

If anyone knows any good sites post the link and I'll sift through ;)

Thank you!

"Low carb" means different things to different people. What's your carb goal per meal?

Also:
    Do you need to follow a low carb diet for health issues? If not, you can eat anything you want. That is easiest for most people, so I just mention it in case it would help you. If you don't eat eggs or fish or cottage cheese, you're left with meat and shellfish for protein without carbs, so you have to combine those and add some fat and vegetables for your meals.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Do cottage cheese, eggs, and fish make you physically ill, or is there something about the taste and texture you don't like? There are probably recipes that can change taste and texture enough for you to enjoy foods with those ingredients, but you can't fool an allergy.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    "nvmomketo wrote: »
    Carbs are not needed for energy. For many, high fat or higher protein is a very healthy way to eat.

what you said is just dangerous. you advocate ketogenic diet that causes diabetes, atherosclerosis, osteoporosis, dementia, kidney damage, and the list is long. of course I am talking about the long term effect.

high fat or higher protein is a very unhealthy way to eat.

You eat keto diet then live on "coffee with cream and protein powder" because you never feel good without a stimulant I am afraid. that's not healthy that's not natural.

Dangerous? Unhealthy? I disagree. Different? Sure, otherwise you are incorrect.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight and feeling good eating less than 130 grams of carb per day. Today I ate 123 grams. The carbs I eat generally come from veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, and beans. I still think true keto folks should be under the care of a doctor. It seems that most eat high fat, moderate protein, and very low carb. It can get off the weight, and there are medical benefits, but I'm not convinced it is truly safe long term and unsupervised.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Small cheese burger without the bun.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes, protein pancakes, lean meats like ham, beef, chicken, etc. I wouldn't avoid carbs though unless a doctor has said to. Your body needs carbs and a balanced diet staying in a caloric deficit is the best healthy way to lose weight and maintain your lean body mass. I would go heavy on protein, but don't eliminate carbs for fats. That is a fad and unhealthy. You lose weight because you are in a deficit that is all.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am not going to question her low carb needs at all and derail the thread with debate on whether carbs are needed for OP or not.

But animal protein (Canadian bacon, ham, chicken, beef, etc.), Greek Yogurt (but mine has 14 carbs in it), I would look to veggies or soups, protein shakes, Speical K low carb cereal, you make your own low carb granola aslo you can also use almond meal, low carb flours such as Bob Red Mill's, to make pancakes, muffins, waffles, brownies.. And the use of your protein powder if you use it can make a lot of stuff including the pancakes, cookies, etc..

Because I do not know what low carb is to you, it is hard to say something that may have carbs in it.
  • tashigolean115
    tashigolean115 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "nvmomketo wrote: »

what you said is just dangerous. you advocate ketogenic diet that causes diabetes, atherosclerosis, osteoporosis, dementia, kidney damage, and the list is long. of course I am talking about the long term effect.

high fat or higher protein is a very unhealthy way to eat.

You eat keto diet then live on "coffee with cream and protein powder" because you never feel good without a stimulant I am afraid. that's not healthy that's not natural.

@Tuesday20 add me and have a look at my diary if you are interested in a healthy low fat high carb healthy whole plant based diet.

This is completely inaccurate information. Ketogenic diets are highly effective at reversing diabetes. If you have actual peer reviewed scientific sources that back up your claims, please share them.