I HAVE LEARNT MY LESSON

Options
Hello everyone reading this :smile: hope you're all having a good day/night.

I was just writing because I want to share my lesson that I have learnt. I know so many people will already know this, and I always did, but I never realised just HOW bad it was. (Please don't go off at me for pointing out the obvious)

So, most people think that buying takeaways is 'cheaper' and use this is an excuse to buy it and not buy fresh foods and make their own meals. I am guilty of this, the past few days I have been WAY overboard with takeaways. Guess how much I've spent in just 4 days?

$81.50!

Like that is ridiculous. I've never had a thorough look at the card transaction history to see how much I spend on food, and today I decided to.
I'm feeling so so so much regret right now. I know that takeaways every once in a while isn't going to hurt. I seriously cannot believe thats how much I spent in the course of 4 days. I now know where all my money goes!
Its so much cheaper to buy vegetables, stock, etc. and make bulk soup, stir frys, all that stuff.

Definitely changing my ways!
This doesn't even include sweets that I get from the supermarket.

This is probably one of the biggest pushes for me to start eating healthy and getting my heath back to good.

I know a lot of people already knew what I've just said, but I just wanted to share for the people that don't realise just how expensive takeaways are.

No takeaways = skinny and rich? haha

Replies

• gettingto65
    gettingto65 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Haha been there done that got the receipts to prove it! So depressing to think that money could have gone on a new size 8 dress cause without those takeaways we'd be down at size 8 :')

Ohwell can only get better from here! X
  • shantal_96
    shantal_96 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Haha been there done that got the receipts to prove it! So depressing to think that money could have gone on a new size 8 dress cause without those takeaways we'd be down at size 8 :')

Ohwell can only get better from here! X

I know! I was thinking I'm gonna put the amount of money I'd spend on junk food in a separate account and then when I'm at my goal weight I'll treat myself :)
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Agree with this.

The other day, I was annoyed at the grocery because a package of chicken was going to cost me $9.00. Then I realized that would get me through at least 5 meals. Whereas $9.00 at a restaurant was just the cost of an appetizer, and an entree is easily twice that.

:D
  • gillianomeley
    gillianomeley Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a cafe *kitten* and waste a lot of money to them :/ but I hate cooking!!
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Even worse than that, to me, would be that you'd have no idea what was in the food. For example, amounts of fats & sugars, quality of ingredients...who knows how old that chicken was? Or if the guys cooking it washed their hands before preparing it? Not even looking @ the calories...no way to know that. So you'd be richer, slimmer, healthier if you cut down on them!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    stmokomoko wrote: »
    Agree with this.

The other day, I was annoyed at the grocery because a package of chicken was going to cost me $9.00. Then I realized that would get me through at least 5 meals. Whereas $9.00 at a restaurant was just the cost of an appetizer, and an entree is easily twice that.

:D

THIS!!

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I think about this literally everytime we order out or go out to eat. My boyfriend and I (and usually my daughter except on date nights when shes with her father), generally spend 20 minimum just feeding us (give or take a few $$) Throw in the munchkin, easily another 6-10$. And we do this (er did, we've definitely cut back) almost every weekend, for multiple meals. I easily toss $100 to food out. That's a solid weeks worth of groceries!
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've spent more than 81.50 on one takeaway meal (for two).