DEADPOOL

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Aquabird wrote: »
    Took my husband as a VDay surprise--we both loved it! DH says it's his favorite Marvel movie. Not at all the Deadpool from Wolverine! I love things that are meta and self-referentially deprecating.

My favorite line(s):
    Colossus: You will gonna talk with professor Xavier
    Deadpool: McAvoy or Stewart?
    Lol, yeah that was hilarious! And his line about having only "2 Xmen" because of budget issues!!!! Hahahaha!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    The Hubster and I went to see the #1 RomCom in America for Valentine's Day as well.

GOOD STUFF.

+1 for Morena Baccharin being smokin'.
  • RJ0274
    RJ0274 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    I loved the self-deprecating references by Ryan Reynolds about his acting skills, and the jabs to the other Marvel movies.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    RJ0274 wrote: »
    I loved the self-deprecating references by Ryan Reynolds about his acting skills, and the jabs to the other Marvel movies.
    I have to see it again because I know there are some lines I missed due to laughing so much.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    So glad that this movie is good. I told my husband I wanted to see this only because it was rated R and looked interesting enough. I always fall asleep during Marvel comic movies.

Trust me, you won't fall asleep during this one!

And I +1 on Morena. I've loved her since Firefly so I was really excited when I heard she was cast.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    LOVED IT! Even did my nails for the sweetheart! I'm glad I was extecting the gore otherwise I would have been a little uncomfortable but all in all - hilarious!

xar102d4qwzp.jpg
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Good movie. I thought it had a little too many comments in the beginning, but it mellowed out later. It was way inappropriate for kids.

that's why deadpool even wrote a letter asking parents not to bring their kids
    tumblr_o2d7r2Wvy31sykpjyo1_250.jpg
  • Sniper_Chick
    Sniper_Chick Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    great movie, I laughed the whole time. definitely not for kids
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there was an 8 year old (guesstimate) in our theatre. It made me a little uncomfortable. Not my call obviously but when I saw him I was a bit baffled.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, brilliant movie! I laughed from the opening credits to the post-closing credits Easter egg.
    The fourth wall breaking was spot-on and Ryan Reynolds absolutely OWNS this role!!!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I will never look at unicorns the same again. That is all :smiley: