Fitness Blender youtube channel

Options
I really love this workout channel. Easy to follow and they give you the calories burned during the workout. I don't know if I trust their calories burned, but it is a nice reminder of what you are working towards.

Replies

• jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've also been wondering how accurate their calorie burns are. I don't usually eat back exercise calories. But it would be great to find out if they are accurate. I usually do their workout and do the most intense version then log somewhere in the middle of the calorie range and don't eat them back.
  • Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love the workouts but I find the calorie burn to be quite high - e.g. for the '1000 calorie workouts' - I am lucky to hit 450. This is based on my HRM. I guess it all depends on your starting weight. I am 140lbs, someone twice my size would burn more.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I count most of their workouts as " "Calisthenics, vigorous effort" (unless the routine is clearly just weight lifting, in which case I list it as weight lifting,) and have to cut back on the recorded time to keep the calorie counts similar. I don't eat all of them back. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't eat any of them back. Sometimes I g over everything. It's all pretty much guess work anyway. I try to keep it close. Since July, down 30 (220 to 190) ;-)
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    When I do their videos I seem to end up a little over the bottom number of calories burned. I use a HRM so I guess it depends on how much effort you are putting in plus what your stats are. I've never done the 1000 calorie ones and I am a little afraid too lol.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I love fitness blender.

I record everything in segments according to what I've done. So stretching for cool downs, weights for weights, usually a combination of vigorous and light calisthenics. Usually I'm at their low estimate.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    As far as accuracy, I'd say that their range isn't too far off.....all things considered. I wore a heart rate monitor during a few of their workouts, and my count was within their range. I actually did two of their 1000 calorie workouts, and my HRM had me at a number slightly higher than the high end number they displayed.

I'm not saying the HRM is the end-all, be-all of measurements, but since our numbers weren't way off, I had no reason to question either their display or my HRM.

If you have doubts, and you don't have a HRM, then choose the low end number they display. If you are confident they are close enough, pick a number right in the middle of their low and high numbers.
  • jeremywm1977
    Options
    susanmc31 wrote: »
    When I do their videos I seem to end up a little over the bottom number of calories burned. I use a HRM so I guess it depends on how much effort you are putting in plus what your stats are. I've never done the 1000 calorie ones and I am a little afraid too lol.

The 1000 Calorie workouts are a beast. I have done 3 of them, and I was a puddle on the ground when I finished.
    Don't get me wrong, I felt great, but I was a hot mess.
  • jeremywm1977
    Options
    I love the workouts but I find the calorie burn to be quite high - e.g. for the '1000 calorie workouts' - I am lucky to hit 450. This is based on my HRM. I guess it all depends on your starting weight. I am 140lbs, someone twice my size would burn more.

On one of their shorter 1000 calorie workouts, I maybe got to 700-800 calories. On the other hand, they have 2 or more 90 minute 1000 calorie workouts, and on those, I know I got up to 1200 calories burned (according to my HRM).

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I love Fitness Blender, I do their workouts once or twice a week to mix up my own programme...I wear my Fitbit so I can compare anyways, and I find their burns aren't far off with the lower range.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    susanmc31 wrote: »

The 1000 Calorie workouts are a beast. I have done 3 of them, and I was a puddle on the ground when I finished.
    Don't get me wrong, I felt great, but I was a hot mess.

I'm going to try one of these tonite!!! THAT sounds....RUSULT-Y!!!! (new word, I just created it...sue me!)