Recently divorced, busy mom...

Options
2»

Replies

• I_am_WW
    I_am_WW Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a newly divorced gal too. I'm 43 years old and working now a full time job while supporting my two boys. I'm looking to lose about 20-25 lbs, to start eating better and to get my lazy self downstairs on my treadmill a few times a week. I want to feel better by eating better and getting more energy! We've got this!
  • samciruolo
    samciruolo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Your future is bright because you have already put yourself on a new road. Happy to help in any way I can.
  • amy13a
    amy13a Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi cincymomof3, I've been where you are now. Be happy with the progress you're making now. A home for you and your kids, and a job. It took a year for me to start working after not working for over five years. My new goal now is saving and trying to move out. (I have no chose but to live with my mother due to not having the financial ability to may for rent and utilities on my own :( ) I love teaching but i'll never be able to rent/buy my own place. Good luck and add if you want.
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your weightloss journey!
  • jenwolski
    jenwolski Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Cincymom! I know your story all too well! I was divorced a few years ago and as a result, my ex moved states away and I found myself a single, working mom of a pre-schooler! I coped by drinking a bottle of wine almost every night & not paying attention to my own needs. I too gained a bunch of weight (wine & beer have always been my downfall!). I got on track by logging my food & started doing a lot of jogging & yoga, but fell off the wagon a couple of years ago because I went from having a job where I could work from home to a job that required me to go to an office. I'm just now taking back control again. I joined Orangetheory (which I absolutely love) and insist on taking that time for myself. I always felt guilty about taking time for myself - thinking it was taking precious time away from my daughter - but now I realize that I'm showing her what a healthy mom looks like (and it looks a lot better than a wine-hungover mom, which still happens after a fun night with friends, just not as often). Logging my food has really helped me see what my weaknesses are - and if I have 4 glasses of wine, I have to log that too (even if I do split it up amongst lunch and dinner). It helps to see where all your calories are going - especially those calories you worked so hard for!

Good luck to you & feel free to add me if you want to keep in touch!
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am sorry for all of you. We aren't all bad. My wife has put up with me for 26 years now :) Good luck Cincymom
  • jenwolski
    jenwolski Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One more thing - I have found making lunches on Sunday helps with the workweek struggle! I do a lot of salads (make them in large mason jars) after I went to a "Salad In A Jar" party. I buy a rotisserie chicken from the store and cut it up and use it throughout the week (in salads, or snacks or whatever). I drink a TON of water. I have a protein shake in the morning for breakfast on my drive to the office and usually add either peanut butter & banana or greek yogurt for extra protein. I've also made a lot of soups & stews in the crock pot that are healthy and great throughout the week. Those are just a few of the things I've done - I'm down 8 pounds in 4 weeks!