100th time back on the wagon, 100 pounds to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    main thing you are back with it. I am trying to eat healthy and give up junk food which I love but I love being smaller more. The success stories are very helpful, you see others do it, you can also.
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Davy_RockHit214 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's a process, not an event. Someone remind me this weekend lol
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Options
    10 pounds lost since this thread started. It's a process, not an event!
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. I've got 100+ to lose and the overall scope of the project is too daunting to take in all at once. So, I don't.

I also try to think about food purely in terms of being fuel, not a reward or special treat. My treat is my returning health, my reward is feeling better and being able to do more. Nothing tastes better than being able to enjoy myself.
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Options
    That's so true. It's so much of a mindset thing.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I think for working out maybe you should look into HIIT style workouts as well (try youtube or google to get an idea), you mentioned time/family life balance getting in the way of working out.
    You enjoy food, now you just need to balance things differently. try eating things that will fill you in smaller meals, 6 a day say. make it mostly a protein ( which will have fat) and a bit of carbs, specifically rice or veggies. snack only on fruit or veggies if you still need to, or a serving size of nuts/greek yougurt. something that will fill you and help you get through such a busy day.
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Options
    I have a personal trainer now. She's actually a roller derby teammate that recently is taking a hiatus from derby. She has me counting my Macros and doing workouts everyday. Ugh... exhausted but my cravings are getting better. Someone mentioned about appetite getting down. That is in the works but the other day I went to Denny's. I ordered the Fit Breakfast which was ok and I stayed within my goal. BUT THEN my family started getting full and I didn't want the food to go to waste. 3/4 pancake and 2 sausages later.... le sigh
  • Vortex88
    Vortex88 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Search Scott Abel. The guy is very smart on the reason why people don't make progress.

"The firm but kind mindset is the effective one" - Scott Abel

"You cannot hate your way to a positive outcome" - Scott Abel

It might seem paradoxical but you have to like your body, even a little bit, as it is now in order for it be be okay for it to change. Just try every day giving your body a little liking, a little love, a little appreciation. It's the best, most incredible thing you will ever own.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I did the yo⬆⬇yo thing for years..then I discovered that I had underlying medical reasons why, they tested me for MTHFR genetic disorder...I got tested positive for homozygous C factor where I can not digest folic acid..oh boy..to make a long story short got on prescription strength folate and all of a sudden wham, I am no longer a yo-yo..as a matter of fact it has been my missing link and I feel amazing. I have found if you aren't losing or can't stick to a diet sometimes there is a reason, no more craving sugar either.
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Options
    Last night at derby practice I pushed myself as hard as possible. We had one last endurance drill to do, skate 27 laps in 5 minutes. It has been in a pace line and for quite some time I have fallen behind but just keep skating what I can. last night it was in a pack, I started in the front of the pack to try to keep myself accountable and then I fell out because I couldn't push myself any further. I went into the bathroom and had a really good cry.
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Options
    Today I almost lost my way but I got back on track thanks to a friend!
  • AFettes21
    AFettes21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amber from Wisconsin. I've been using MFP for over 4 years now with some great success! I had lost 99 pounds before getting pregnant with my second child and gained back 40. Im still looking to lose about 90-100 pounds. I'm on here pretty much every day so feel free to add me if you want some motivation and support. I'm always looking for new friends to help me along the way! Good luck on your journey!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're getting on the wrong wagon.
    I would suggest you stop thinking of a number on a scale as the point. If you were given a 12 month, open-ended, all expenses paid plane ticket that ends in Paris would you fly straight there this weekend? No, you would plot out and pack for a journey that would take you all around the world in anticipation of ending that ticket at its ultimate destination. Weight loss and fitness work best that same way. The ultimate destination might be your healthy BMI range or a weight you remember feeling healthy at, but getting there is what you should pay attention to & embrace right now. There are many roads, many routes, many rhythms that lead there... Try one or two, or six, or sixty... There are no 'rules.'
    So start today. Best wishes.

• Davy_RockHit214
    Options
    Thank you. That's why my mantra now is "This is a process, not an event!"
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Options
    still trying to get into the process!!!! ugh
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Options
    I am feeling like such a failure
  • neomellojenn
    neomellojenn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on day 12 of my journey. I have about 140lbs to lose. I post my struggles on my profile. Add me.

I'm a single mom and veteran who is socially isolated much of the time. I could really use as many friends as I can get.
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Options
    10 months later and I'm back.