good salad dressing

Options
2»

Replies

• Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I limit the calories from salad dressing by serving it to the side and dipping the tines of my fork in it before picking up bites of salad. That gives me a taste of the dressing with each bite without having to completely slather every lettuce leaf and cherry tomato with it.
  • vegasleo79
    vegasleo79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I get the Country French Vinaigrette herb spice mix from Penzey's Spices. You just add a little water, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Best dressing I have ever had in my life!!
  • Refrigerator1
    Refrigerator1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    dotti1121 wrote: »
    I'm a ranch girl, and I've yet to find a light or low-calorie dressing that tastes good enough to satisfy me. For me, I just allow calories for the regular ranch dressing...

God, I'm the same. If I'm trying to eat more salad I need a good dressing so I just allot that amount into my calorie intake for the day

Have you guys tried taking cottage cheese, a packet of dry ranch dressing, and whirling it in a blender? Thin it with a bit of Soy milk or water if necessary. It's good!! Other than that I use Bolthouse dressings
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Straight up balsamic vinegar is all I use

Except...Sometimes I don't use dressing at all - if my protein is a lightened up tuna or chicken salad, I consider that my dressing. Or sometimes a little bit of hummus or smashed avocado.
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressing. Its in the produce section. 35-45 cals per tablespoon for creamy dressings.

If you like ranch this ones the best !!!
  • CowgirlsRock24
    CowgirlsRock24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I mix extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice and garlic. I do add raw honey from time to time.
  • JayZ1488
    JayZ1488 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    morey235 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a salad dressing recipe with low carbs and sugar in it. Or is there one out on the food market? I go crazy reading all the bottles. thanks

Get the zero carb zero calorie one
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    my fav homemade recipe is a small snack size container of greek Balkan thick yogurt plain... all you have to do is add a grated clove or two .. depending on how garlicy you like it.. grate some Italian herbs or just throw in a little bit of dried mixed Italian herbs.. stir and put it over your salad.. like a cesar salad but way better for you...leave the croutons out of it.. but grate some real Italian parma cheese on the top .. and total yum
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    my fav homemade recipe is a small snack size container of greek Balkan thick yogurt plain... all you have to do is add a grated clove or two .. depending on how garlicy you like it.. grate some Italian herbs or just throw in a little bit of dried mixed Italian herbs.. stir and put it over your salad.. like a cesar salad but way better for you...leave the croutons out of it.. but grate some real Italian parma cheese on the top .. and total yum

Thank you! I have added this to my recipe file :) Sounds super yummy! I wonder if it can be done with regular plain yogurt or would the consistency be too thin?