Start goal weight

Options
So after about a year I have lost 30lbs and reached the first goal weight I set for myself! Yay! But as my journey progressed I have altered my goals and I have another 10-15 pounds to go. I look and feel great I just would like to lose more. So my question is when have y'all felt you are "done" or really ready for maintenance?

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I like how you made one goal..reached it..and now set another one. I wonder if smaller goals that are obtainable. Good luck as you go down the home stretch.
  • RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Right now my focus is on breaking out of the 40's so small chunks at a time. I just hope I feel done when I get there.
  • Lesley_007
    Lesley_007 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OH YAY! I have way more to lose than that. I's go by BMI and start setting goals that way.
  • csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So after about a year I have lost 30lbs and reached the first goal weight I set for myself! Yay! But as my journey progressed I have altered my goals and I have another 10-15 pounds to go. I look and feel great I just would like to lose more. So my question is when have y'all felt you are "done" or really ready for maintenance?
    I'm 5'1 and I was 169lb. My original goal was 121 , but when I got there I realized my I still had my belly fat! I really want to lose the belly fat, so my next goal is 110 lb. My belly only just started to disappear after I got under 120lb, so I think it just depends. I'll be Done after this for sure, I want to look slim but not anorexic skinny lol , there is a thin line

• RachaelWinston
    Options
    Yeah it's still the belly fat that I'm fighting too! It's good too hear it will eventually go down if I stay the course!
  • tihi18
    tihi18 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you lift weights you can probably get rid of the belly fat without losing any more weight...I have a long way to go but I remember when I was active duty, lifting and having a flat belly after kids at 136. I'm 5'3. Totally different story now but it can be done.
  • RachaelWinston
    Options
    I want to try and start lifting and soon I'll be moving to an apartment with a nice gym so hopefully I'll be able to make that happen! :)
  • DStroyNKonker
    DStroyNKonker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really think when you're on a weight loss journey and see results, your goals will continue to shift and you'll never really feel "done". You become amazed at what you are capable of and you jeep pushing yourself. First it's hitting a number on the scale, then it's working on becoming more defined, then it's getting stronger, or faster or getting through a race or competition. It's so addictive. I'm happy that you hit a really big goal and I wish you many more accomplishments!
  • tottie_07
    tottie_07 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I really think when you're on a weight loss journey and see results, your goals will continue to shift and you'll never really feel "done". You become amazed at what you are capable of and you jeep pushing yourself. First it's hitting a number on the scale, then it's working on becoming more defined, then it's getting stronger, or faster or getting through a race or competition. It's so addictive. I'm happy that you hit a really big goal and I wish you many more accomplishments!

Exactly this!
  • RachaelWinston
    Options
    That sounds great! And it makes me feel better that I won't lose motivation and goals when I reach the ultimate scale goal. My goals will just change :)
  • sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My goal weight changed many times in the two years it took me to get where I am now. I started at 199 and told myself I'd be done at 155. Which turned into 150. Then 145. Then 140. I weighed in today at 138. At this point, I am no longer concerned with losing weight but gaining muscle so now that number needs to start going UP. I guess my point is that every time I reached a goal, I made a new one, which I think is a big part of this whole journey. You always keep going to see where you end up and find out how far you can push yourself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!