I've lost over 44 lbs with MFP! PICS!!!!!!

Options
Sparksfly
Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
In all honesty I've been slacking lately, and I have been really hard on myself. I figured this would be a good time to post some pictures of my before and (almost) after, and hopefully I can help someone else who might just be starting with their weight loss "journey".

I have been overweight or obese all of my life. My parents always were right there to remind me that I had a weight problem. Even as an 8 year old girl I was being forced to use barbie workout tapes to try and drop the extra 10 lbs I was carrying as a kid.

Fast forward to high school, I was ALWAYS active and athletic. I played every sport under the sun for a least a season. I trained with x-country runners over the summers to get into better shape, but my eating didn't really slow down.

College was rough for me because all of the sports were not AS available, but margaritas and massive portions of cheesy nachos were cheap and always around. I gained another 10 lbs in college.

Post college was even worse! I had moved to a new city and was trying to make friends with other twenty somethings in my city. This included LOT and LOTS of happy hours followed by late night eating... at one point I gained another 15 lbs in TWO months. HOLY SHIOT. Too much partying: 165lbs

fattest.jpg

fatter.jpg

Then I found MFP in 2009. This site has been a god-send to me. The success stories have really kept me going, as well as the members who have been unbelievable support. I am the smallest I have been in my adult life and I am 19% BF. I have lost a total of 45 lbs and I am working on my last 10!!

Here are some afters:

247947_10100106172890584_11301974_47828964_5882480_n.jpg

195333_11301974_1076808_n.jpg

167401_5737.jpg

I am now wearing a size 2-4 depending on the brand. I hope I can inspire someone to keep going. YOU CAN DO THIS!

We can all do this!

xoxox, Melissa

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look fabulous
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    wowowowowowoww congrads!! you look STUNNING!!!!!!! beautiful,,,, and brave,,haha not sure i would hold one of thoses,,lol
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous! great job :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    You were really pretty before, now you are stunning! Congratulations on a job well done!
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    Thank you everyone! If anyone starting out needs any help or advice, please PM me!!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    So gorgeous (before and after)! Great job getting healthy!
  • Utefootball2010
    Options
    Melissa aka Sparks... You are so amazing... I've seen you transform... What a great example you are to me and our MFP's... I'm so lucky to be one of your MFP's... :)
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    Melissa aka Sparks... You are so amazing... I've seen you transform... What a great example you are to me and our MFP's... I'm so lucky to be one of your MFP's... :)

Thank you so much! You are so motivational and your transformation has been amazing! Let's keep this going!
  • 2BabyMama
    2BabyMama Posts: 65
    Options
    You look awesome! Yeah you!
  • xxhollow
    xxhollow Posts: 26
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing. And so happy, too! Congrats on your fantastic transformation!!!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic in every picture and I am proud of your work but I have to admit I like the first picture the best. I don't think that has anything to do with your weight though.
  • anscombe
    anscombe Posts: 16
    Options
    Great afters...I'm motivated.
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats u look great. Hardwork has paid off!
  • Caprirenee925
    Options
    what a beautiful person you are before and after, you look GREAT!
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    Great afters...I'm motivated.

Thank you! If all I do is motivate one person.... :-)
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING!! I am new to this and needing to lose 50 lbs and reading your story is such an inspiration to me!! great job :)
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! That is amazing, you look great! It definitely motivates me!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GORGEOUS! I loooove the little black dress! Congratulations! All of your hard work has paid off! You're right: we CAN do this! You have such an inspiring story; thanks for brightening my day :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!