Workout Music

Options
As your any other day music junkie, I listen to anything and love it.
But different songs give me different moods, so I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on empowering music that can help power through the elipticals, bench presses, running on treadmills excersices.
Any taste is welcome! I literally like everything! And lets keep this thread friendly (:
Thanks guys!♡

Replies

• ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I've been digging beiber latley.
  • alisakorneyeva
    alisakorneyeva Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ashleyylo wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I've been digging beiber latley.

Same! I like a couple songs, and my friends are obessed!
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For a run I prefer dramatic french music like Edith piaf or Michele bernard. There's something about that calms me, calms my breathing, and it's a great juxtaposition to the gym environment. :)
    I've been more into listening to podcasts lately though. This American life is perfect length for a workout.
  • lastchild007
    lastchild007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pink. Learn her background, her workouts & her results are obvious!
  • brandynbongo
    brandynbongo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm took my old iPod out today to walk my dog and there Iggy Izalea came on "change your life".
  • jd_racer
    jd_racer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like to start my run of with "Human Race" by Three Days Grace
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    ameliadlt wrote: »
    For a run I prefer dramatic french music like Edith piaf or Michele bernard. There's something about that calms me, calms my breathing, and it's a great juxtaposition to the gym environment. :)
    I've been more into listening to podcasts lately though. This American life is perfect length for a workout.

High five for Edith Piaf! She works equally well when you're outdoors.
  • melbaphillips
    melbaphillips Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recommend on Pandora their station "electronic cardio" radio is great.
    Soundcloud dj godfather's stuff

Or Oscar g-(that Miami club stuff)

I run and go hard on the elliptical with these tracks.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I treadmill to 80s music. :mrgreen: Most of the songs I love have ended up being in-game radio stations in GTA games.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of ACDC live concert videos in a playlist on youtube, and attach my ipad to the treadmill, If I'm having a low energy day it usually only takes a few minutes of watching the crowd bouncing around to get my enthusiasm up, and most of the songs are good to run to :)
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My music is usually Rage Against the Machine. It makes me feel like a badass as I power walk my suburban neighborhood. The other mommies have no idea!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options

I cannot second this most highly. I was going to suggest DJ Godfather, AplusD, Girl Talk, The Kleptones, and all of their mash-up brethren.
  • frankie_xox
    frankie_xox Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Work by Rhianna feat. Drake is the only song I've been listening to for a couple of days!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    JogFM is great for finding songs that match the pace of your cardio workout. You put in the mile pace and it lists songs with that BPM (beats per minute) pace.

https://walk.jog.fm/

https://jog.fm/

https://cycle.jog.fm/
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have slightly weird music taste tbh... if you're fond of video games, often I find that the battle themes have a good tempo that keeps me going. I also really, really dig industrial/metal for my Zombies5K playlist.
  • melbaphillips
    melbaphillips Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I cannot second this most highly. I was going to suggest DJ Godfather, AplusD, Girl Talk, The Kleptones, and all of their mash-up brethren.

Yes! ;) thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check them out.
  • Sabhin1998
    Sabhin1998 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Town called Malice by the Jam is always a great one to get going