"Healthier"/favorite alcoholic drinks

Options
13»

Replies

• Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    xRezin wrote: »
    We have completely eliminated soda has a mixer in favor of plane seltzer. That saves us quite a few soda calories every time we have a few drinks. And it tastes pretty good, especially with things like flavored vodka :-)

Agreed. I just did the same. Cut out the soda as a mixer and switched from bourbon to vodka. Suppose I could still do seltzer and bourbon too though.
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I usually stick to the red wine, but it tends to blow my calories out of the water. Because I like it, and I like a lot if it! :wink:

If I'm trying to stick to my calories (sometimes I just say "screw it"), I will go with vodka soda with lemon and lime. It's pretty good.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed whipped cream vodka and diet cherry Dr pepper on Saturday. 4 drinks was 264 calories and nearly fit my day (7 calories over). Fabulously tasty and at 66 calories an ounce the vodka was awesome.
  • carrieraeg
    carrieraeg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For parties I usually lean toward Captain and Diet Coke or flavored vodka with flavored sparkling water or lemon.

I'm a sucker for wine and craft beer but my friends and I are in our early-mid 20s and have a lot of house parties so the captain and Diet Coke or vodka and water always win for those circumstances since large amounts are typically consumed.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wine for any occasion is my favorite, but I can drink a whole bottle, so it's not really low calorie at that point haha. I'll usually keep Sam Adams light or Yuengling light in the fridge.

I also like vodka sodas. At home, I enjoy Belvedere with flavored sparkling water (my fav is pomegranate lime). If I'm out, blueberry vodka soda if available, or I'll just add a splash of cranberry if the flavored vodkas aren't available
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Champagne is my favorite - the healthiest thing about it is that it's so effing expensive you can't drink too much. ;)
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    carrieraeg wrote: »
    For parties I usually lean toward Captain and Diet Coke or flavored vodka with flavored sparkling water or lemon.

I'm a sucker for wine and craft beer but my friends and I are in our early-mid 20s and have a lot of house parties so the captain and Diet Coke or vodka and water always win for those circumstances since large amounts are typically consumed.

House parties I typically lean towards *kitten* beer as your right large quantities are consumed and it's easy to lose track and before you know it your 20 drinks deep ha
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    Wine for any occasion is my favorite, but I can drink a whole bottle, so it's not really low calorie at that point haha. I'll usually keep Sam Adams light or Yuengling light in the fridge.

I also like vodka sodas. At home, I enjoy Belvedere with flavored sparkling water (my fav is pomegranate lime). If I'm out, blueberry vodka soda if available, or I'll just add a splash of cranberry if the flavored vodkas aren't available

Haha I can defiantly relate to the whole bottle thing. Keeping box wine in the house is dangerous lol
  • Splitbygreg
    Options
    Caitoriri wrote: »
    Champagne is my favorite - the healthiest thing about it is that it's so effing expensive you can't drink too much. ;)

Plus your stomach or at least mine doesn't do to well with more than a bottle of it.
  • youmeandthesea
    youmeandthesea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Malibu rum, pinneapple-coconut water (from Sam's/Walmart) with a splash of pre-bottled pina colada mix...yum!