Any new mom's out there?

Options
I'm Kelly, 26, from Canada and just had a baby girl in September!! Any other new mamas out there that want to join me in staying accountable? I'm 10lbs from my goal weight and want to really hone in on my nutrition and exercise this month!! ☺️

Replies

• mallyboo3533
    mallyboo3533 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mallory, 27 and had a baby in October
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Catrina, 30, and my daughter was born July. I've lost 50 pounds so far. I have about 8 pounds to my first goal. All the baby weight is gone, now its just that stubborn pre-baby weight.
  • roycn
    roycn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had my little one in July, does anyone have tips on fitting in exercise? I'm struggling with it.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had my little one in November:-) I am tracking calories to make sure I am eating enough to breastfeed. I just finished rehabbing my diastasis recti and have started Jamie Eason's Post Baby Fitness Trainer. I supplement her program with Denise Austin's beginning Pilates video. I don't really know how much weight I have lost. My clothes are looser but I don't have a scale.
  • MamaBerger23
    MamaBerger23 Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just sent you ladies buddy invites!! Look forward to connecting with some fellow mommies who are looking to get fit and healthy! Let's hold each other accountable, and do this. Woohoo!! :smile:
  • MamaBerger23
    Options
    roycn wrote: »
    I had my little one in July, does anyone have tips on fitting in exercise? I'm struggling with it.

I try and do my workout first thing in the morning. After I've fed her, I put my little girl in her MamaRoo bouncer chair and do my at-home workout program DVDs in front of the TV. She usually drifts back off to sleep, so it's worked well for us!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Had baby boy #4 in November! ;)
  • heatherdear18
    heatherdear18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had my son in May. Lost 64 lbs so far. All the baby weight, now just trying to reach my goals to where I was before.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Should add - I have about 60lbs left to lose to get to goal, about 19.4 to pre-pregnancy weight.
  • larlardb8
    larlardb8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a baby boy in September! I'm 10 pounds below pre pregnancy weight but still need to lose 17 to get to my goal! Have been working really hard since December 28th and have lost 15 lbs.
    congrats on the new babies!
  • Amandalynn380
    Amandalynn380 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 25 and my son will be one this Wednesday! I have lost 10 pounds since May , but I have 12 more to go to get back to my pre baby weight. Do you guys struggle with caffeine? I don't get enough sleep ( of course) so I'm always really tired and turn to coffee.
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just had my baby 4 weeks ago and have about 25 lbs to go!
  • MamaBerger23
    Options
    I had my son in May. Lost 64 lbs so far. All the baby weight, now just trying to reach my goals to where I was before.

Wow congrats on losing 64lbs!! That's amazing. What have you been doing? Keep up the amazing work!!

Should add - I have about 60lbs left to lose to get to goal, about 19.4 to pre-pregnancy weight.

Congrats Tiffany!! Let's do this!! I'm about 10-15lbs from my goal. We got this!
    larlardb8 wrote: »
    I had a baby boy in September! I'm 10 pounds below pre pregnancy weight but still need to lose 17 to get to my goal! Have been working really hard since December 28th and have lost 15 lbs.
    congrats on the new babies!

Congrats on your baby boy!! And yay for already being below your pre preggo weight! Hard work pays off, right?! What have you been doing in the past month and a half that seems to be working?
    I am 25 and my son will be one this Wednesday! I have lost 10 pounds since May , but I have 12 more to go to get back to my pre baby weight. Do you guys struggle with caffeine? I don't get enough sleep ( of course) so I'm always really tired and turn to coffee.

Hi Amanda! Happy birthday to your little man!! I was struggling with coffee until recently. I had been having at least one (sometimes 2-3) a day. Problem for me is I only like my coffee with cream and sugar, ugh! So obviously not very healthy. I've cut it out completely since Feb 1st as I started a new exercise program. So now I'm drinking decaf teas - green, peppermint and vanilla. I had a low grade pretty constant headache for the first like 4 days but it went away. Cold turkey was the only way to make it work for me!
  • MamaBerger23
    Options
    AlisaRN wrote: »
    Just had my baby 4 weeks ago and have about 25 lbs to go!

Aw congrats on your new little one Alisa! Boy or girl? 25lbs is totally doable, you got this!! Let's hold each other accountable :)
  • sxymom99
    sxymom99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mamma of 5 here. Had a baby in July. I have lost 25 lbs bellow pre-pregnancy weight, and gained tons of muscle doing workout dvds. :-) I fit them in where I can 5 days a week. :-) Add me if you want? I would like other Mommy friends!
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    sxymom99 wrote: »
    Mamma of 5 here. Had a baby in July. I have lost 25 lbs bellow pre-pregnancy weight, and gained tons of muscle doing workout dvds. :-) I fit them in where I can 5 days a week. :-) Add me if you want? I would like other Mommy friends!
    Ooh what DVD's do you do?
    Had my baby in September. I lost the weight but would like to firm things up in time for swimsuit season!
  • MamaBerger23
    Options
    sxymom99 wrote: »

That's awesome you've lost so much weight, congrats!! And mama of 5?! You just have your hands full. Which workout DVD's do you do? I did Shaun T's CIZE in January and now I'm on Day 17 of Hammer & Chisel. Trying to build back my strength and tone up!! Flab be gone!! :)
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    My babygirl is 16 months old, but I still feel like a new mom! I was 50 pounds overweight before I got pregnant, gained 18 during pregnancy and left the hospital 4 pounds less than before I got pregnant, but still had a lot to lose. I'm down 32 pounds so more than halfway to goal. I hate cardio, but love lifting weights. Always looking for more friends!
  • MamaBerger23
    Options
    My babygirl is 16 months old, but I still feel like a new mom! I was 50 pounds overweight before I got pregnant, gained 18 during pregnancy and left the hospital 4 pounds less than before I got pregnant, but still had a lot to lose. I'm down 32 pounds so more than halfway to goal. I hate cardio, but love lifting weights. Always looking for more friends!

Yay! Just sent you a buddy invite. Congrats on the 32lbs lost so far, that's amazing!! I'm a fan of lifting as well, cardio has always been a weakness!! What kind of workouts are you doing?
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Had baby #3 in July. Currently doing SL 5x5 and walking for an hour everyday.