Any new mom's out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lollieio
    Lollieio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey, just had my first baby in November and I've been doing 10 minute trainer workouts while he takes a nap.
  • MamaBerger23
    MamaBerger23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    Had baby #3 in July. Currently doing SL 5x5 and walking for an hour everyday.

Congrats on baby #3!! Do you have boys and/or girls? :) Sounds like you're super active that's awesome! What's SL 5x5?
  • MamaBerger23
    Options
    Hey, just had my first baby in November and I've been doing 10 minute trainer workouts while he takes a nap.

Awesome Michelle!! Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer?? Love him! He's such a goof ball, but his exercises work!!
  • Lollieio
    Lollieio Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Awesome Michelle!! Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer?? Love him! He's such a goof ball, but his exercises work!!

Yea, I love the workouts. They are quick but hard. I sweat like crazy doing the cardiovascular and core cardio, and I hurt the next day after any of the other workouts.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Yay! Just sent you a buddy invite. Congrats on the 32lbs lost so far, that's amazing!! I'm a fan of lifting as well, cardio has always been a weakness!! What kind of workouts are you doing?

I do NROL4W, as well as whatever weight routine my trainer builds for me that particular week. 4-5x/week.

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    Had baby #3 in July. Currently doing SL 5x5 and walking for an hour everyday.

Congrats on baby #3!! Do you have boys and/or girls? :) Sounds like you're super active that's awesome! What's SL 5x5?

Thanks! Oldest is a girl shes 8.5 then my two boys 6 and 7mo.

Its a lifting program! Going on 5 weeks now- Doing it with hubby too! Its great. We love it! Who knew I liked to lift heavy?! =)
    http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Lots of MFPers have done this program.
  • sxymom99
    sxymom99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did T25 all 3 rounds, now I'm doing 10 minute solutions dvds. I have had better results with them I think. I do 30 minutes 2 times a day when I can, but at least once. I have a bunch of them, and I mix and match. :-) Any mamma's who want to add me, please do! I don't know how to request people?
  • dhayduk17
    dhayduk17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Mind if I join in? I have 13mo twins. I gained 60lbs during pregnancy and have only lost 30lbs so far. I had a 3 finger gap/diastasis recti that prevented me from doing a lot of strenuous activity. I've been rehabbing it and we're down to 2 fingers. I'm doing my rehab exercises 3x week, SL 5x5 3x week, and walking for 30min every day. What kind of diet do you guys have?
  • MamaBerger23
    Options
    How are you mamas doing this weekend? What are your mini goals for the week? I'm going to try to post my daily workout and nutrition accountability in here, would love if you ladies join in too! Let's hold each other accountable. ☺️
  • chwham
    chwham Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join the conversation. My name is Corey and I had my first baby, Emmanuelle (Emma), on January 15! I have about 10 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I don't want to stop there