Jamie Easons 12 week programme

Options
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

Anyone done it? My goal is to build muscle and lean out, from around 21% body fat to 15-17%
I've seen alot of talk about bbg but Jamies trainer looks pretty good and it's free ;)

Replies

• mollybethtaylor
    mollybethtaylor Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this but am interested to know what other people think of it!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have. I didn't like it very much. It's listed as a beginner program but I thimk it is unwise to start with a 5 day body split program. I did it when I first started lifting and found that it led me to over train and I didn't get much strength gains from it. I switched to a 3 day full body program right afterwards and saw way more results with that. Honesty i felt like i wasted my time with this program. I really recommend starting with a program that builds up your base strength before on that isolates specific body parts like:

Strong lifts 5x5
    Strong curves

And perhaps moving on to a split program once you have built up your base.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I agree with singingflutelady. I don't think it's a good beginner program. A 4 or 5 day body part split is unnecessary.
  • Nikki_Cherry
    Nikki_Cherry Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm not a beginner as such. I did her program a couple of years ago before I had my babies. I got through phase 2. But interestingly I didn't see any gains either. I put it down to restricting my calories too much (700 a day) and not eating right. But maybe I was overtraining too.
    I currently work out 4 times a week, a mixture of Hiit and weights.
    Oh, and my partner is also a bodybuilder who is competing this year, so I'm fairly clued up
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I love Jamie, but I didn't like that program. Too much fluff for my taste.
  • kirstengeffen
    kirstengeffen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I LOVED the programme.. I had huge success with it :)
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I love Jamie Eason too but I prefer Lee Labrada's 12 week lean body trainer. It worked so well when I used it a year ago. I want to use his template again but weights will be set a wee bit higher.