55 year old who is taking back my life, looking for friends who will keep me accountable.

Options
Hello there, My name is Rick and I am 55 years old and very overweight. At the first of the year I determined that I was taking back my life and going to lose 150 lbs. over the next year and a half. I am 7 weeks in and have lost 25 lbs. so far. I am looking for people who would be willing to check in on me and keep me accountable over this journey. I am willing to do the same for you in return. I have really made good progress thus far, but I know the hardest part is still ahead. I receive great support from my wife and family, but somehow being accountable to others out there provides additional motivation. Please feel free to friend request me. I look forward to making good contacts on this journey. Good luck to all on your quest for better health!

Replies

279270 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yeah I will help !! I'm 65 but a young 65 people say I look 55 ( yep they had white sticks lol) I need to lose around 40lbs !!
    I'm doing some walk runs etc need to be a bit careful due to a slight heart condition but this should not hinder I gotta do it
    Tony
  • Savanna2015mfp
    Savanna2015mfp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes I will help..I am addicted to food and need buddies to help and also to help me..
  • daveharris54
    daveharris54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am on a similar journey. If you want encouragement to keep you going or a positive kick in the *kitten* when you need it for motivation, feel free to friend me.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. My triglycerides are up so started on low carb diet per my Doctor. So far it seems to be working ok. But getting sick of cheese. Any help would be appreciated!
  • annieoakly42
    annieoakly42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    rcagno60 wrote: »
    Hello there, My name is Rick and I am 55 years old and very overweight. At the first of the year I determined that I was taking back my life and going to lose 150 lbs. over the next year and a half. I am 7 weeks in and have lost 25 lbs. so far. I am looking for people who would be willing to check in on me and keep me accountable over this journey. I am willing to do the same for you in return. I have really made good progress thus far, but I know the hardest part is still ahead. I receive great support from my wife and family, but somehow being accountable to others out there provides additional motivation. Please feel free to friend request me. I look forward to making good contacts on this journey. Good luck to all on your quest for better health!

• annieoakly42
    annieoakly42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    Deb here :)
    48yrs. old...also 150lb. goal
    Really hating my body and wanting the Me inside to shine.
    Your a great insperation and I wish you continued success!
    Would love to share the journey!
    I have lost 4lbs. In 2 weeks, It's not easy but I am determined!
    Here for support and encouragement if needed!
  • BobSilly
    BobSilly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also on the journey. New to this program. Feel free to add me.