For those who weigh daily

Options

Replies

• Bmoy87
    Bmoy87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every 2 weeks on Saturday morning. I only do it every 2 weeks mainly because I drink so much water I have to "water fast" the whole night so I have a proper weigh-in. I think weighing yourself more than once a week is overkill and your treating your weight loss as a race and not the proper life change it is and your possibly setting yourself up for failure.
  • Bmoy87
    Bmoy87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dog by the way! :)
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I log daily so that I can see the trends.
    I was asking for those who actually weigh daily and what they consider their weight.

Yes I do weigh daily but I I take the one day a week as the official weight.
    Plus no one asks me how much I weigh...
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and will record the number on the scale when it gets lower. My body does this weird thing and because I weigh daily I can not let it bother me. My lowest weight day is usually a Wednesday. Then on Thursday I will be about .5 lbs heavier, on Friday - Sunday my weight will vary about 1 - 2 lbs heavier. Then on Monday I am back down to the Wed. weight, Tuesday I will weigh about .4 lbs lighter , then my bigger loss on Wed. It has been like this since late July ( I started losing weight mid June).
  • morgennn
    morgennn Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have an app called "monitoryourweight" where I pop in my daily weight so I can track fluctuations, and I log my weight each Saturday on MyFitnesspal :)

I don't know why I've chosen Saturday to be honest!
  • Weeksnweeks
    Weeksnweeks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and am wrapt, so weigh every day after my 5 kilometer of hill walking before breakfast. Still learning, so not sure what Trend weight is and how I can access this feature.
    Weight is not my big worry but I do wish I could log, graph and track all the main health indicators like blood pressure and blood glucose levels. Is this feature available on Premium?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I would answer "around 12 stone" - if anyone is interested enough to ask.
    (168lbs)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log daily. If someone asks what I weigh, I tell them the weight that showed on my scale this morning. I don't see how that's hard.
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My weight is whatever the scale says most recently
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have a range from 55.0 - 58.0 kilos that I aim to keep within. I'll just say 56 kilos or around 56 kilos. Or none of your damn business :#
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    mifii10 wrote: »
    I weigh myself everyday but only log my weight on mondays... and i consider my "actual" weight to be what i weighed last monday.

I do this except Fridays are my "official" weigh-in day rather than Monday. That way I have the week to recover from whatever overeating/water retention happened during the weekend.

My mom and husband are the only people who ask for the actual number though, and they do that infrequently.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would say "around 150" because I think that's close enough. I don't think anybody really needs to have my exact weight. I mean, I'm assuming that we aren't prepping for a C150 flight and the asker doesn't need to figure out how much s/he can carry.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    No one outside a doctor's office has ever asked me my weight. In my head I go with the lowest weight I've gotten recently. I don't log my weight on MFP anymore. I see my doctor every month, so what I weigh when I get on the scale there is my "official" weight. I only get worried if I see a trend where my daily high weight starts going up with no corresponding downward dips.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    No one outside a doctor's office has ever asked me my weight. In my head I go with the lowest weight I've gotten recently. I don't log my weight on MFP anymore. I see my doctor every month, so what I weigh when I get on the scale there is my "official" weight. I only get worried if I see a trend where my daily high weight starts going up with no corresponding downward dips.

That's a good point. The only person who has asked how much I weigh is my sister. But she asks me a lot of stuff that nobody else would ask me.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I usually say the weight that I am by Friday mornings because Friday and Saturdays I set my calories to maintenance and tend to eat more junk then usual which causes me to retain water etc so my weight is high for the next few days.
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time, only record what the scale says on Tuesday nite right after I get to work, then I subtract 5 lbs from wearing steel toed boots and clothing of course. It doesn't bother me to see fluctuations from one " official " weigh in to the next.
  • JMLSZ
    JMLSZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only log losses - if it's fluctuated up, I just don't log that day. Because this makes me feel better :)
  • GreyKnight120
    GreyKnight120 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and tend to look at it less as a line and more as a band. I've been doing it long enough now where I can usually pinpoint where I'm at the upper end of my weight range (sodium, retention, etc.) and where I'm at the lower end of that band (healthier than normal day, etc.). I don't really use any sort of weekly track, so how much I'm losing over a week has never really been a metric I've examined very closely. Besides, Monday-to-Monday and Wednesday-to-Wednesday of the same week could have widely varying results. This is also the reason I switched to daily tracking. I know it's not for everyone, but I like seeing the day-to-day fluctuations and comprehending the reasons for them. It's been an enjoyable part of my own journey in losing weight.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Nobody asks me how much I weigh, but if I want to say how much I've lost I have to look it up as I can't remember either number. Which is an long-winded way of saying that I use my last weight.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and track a 7-day average. Then I graph them against each other, which gives you a pretty good idea of what's going on (see bottom graph):

bEyyI2f.jpg

It's important that you try to weigh yourself under consistent conditions every day (say, after using the bathroom in the morning, before eating breakfast, wearing only your underwear.)