Help or advise for my diet I am 6"00 and 230 lbs MALE.

Options
rarmenta88
rarmenta88 Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello I need some help with my diet or better some advise on how to loose weight this is my current regime and I don't know if its going to work for me:

M- F

-7:15 am : wake up

-8:00 am : Breakfast ( Fat Belly Smoothie http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Flat-Belly-Smoothie-28343926)

-9 am to 1 pm : 2 Coffees with STEVIA no sugar nor cream.

-1 pm: Lunch ( usually what my wife makes me)

-2 pm: Green Tea

from 9 am to 5 pm I work in a bank and try to move as much as I can.

-8 pm : And hour and a half in the elliptical with weighted vest.

-10 pm : 20 mini carrots with hummus.

-11 pm: Sleep time.

Thank you!!

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? green tea doesn't matter when it comes to weight loss and a "fat belly smoothie" sounds like a gimick and a waste of $$. Eat less than you burn.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It is going to come down to calories. Fill out your MFP profile and set it to lose 1-1.5 pounds per week. Weigh your solid food on a digital kitchen scale. Measure liquids with a measuring cup. If your scale's battery is dead measure your solids with a measuring cup, being careful not to jam it as full as possible for extra bites, and then when you are done go buy a new batter. Google "serving size chart" to study up on estimating food portions when you're out to eat. Log your food very carefully, using verifiable nutrition info such as that from the USDA or food packages. Always double check this when looking things up in the MFP database because any nitwit can add food entries and plenty add bad entries. If you exercise, log your exercise on MFP. Your goal already has the deficit you need to lose weight built into it so--surprise!--you can eat your exercise calories. If you get nervous doing that, eat 50% of them for four weeks, evaluate your progress and then either eat more/less/the same. Good luck to you.
  • rarmenta88
    Options
    I am eating like 2000 Calories per day
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    "Lunch ( usually what my wife makes me)" - Hmmmmm.......
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    You're eating that much on a smoothie and 20 baby carrots and hummus? Must be one hell of a smoothie and a heaping plate of hummus.
  • rarmenta88
    Options
    I think the smoothie is like 200 and something calories and the hummus is just 2 tablespoons
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    You're eating that much on a smoothie and 20 baby carrots and hummus? Must be one hell of a smoothie and a heaping plate of hummus.

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    rarmenta88 wrote: »
    I think the smoothie is like 200 and something calories and the hummus is just 2 tablespoons
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

I think is not what you need. You need to know. Enter your information in this site, set your weight loss goal for 1 pound a week, and start actually logging what you eat, every little bit of it.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've got a successful plan lined up. It does seem very strict, though. If you can stick with it, that's awesome. I hope you can add a little variety to keep it interesting. (I have similar stats as you.)
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    What sort of thing do you have for lunch? It could be literally anything, we can't really tell you how your diet could improve if your main meal of the day is a big mystery.
  • wurmvater
    wurmvater Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also 6' 0" tall and was 224 lbs as of May 2015, so I was in the same position you are now. I'd ditch that smoothie and eat the equivalent fruit and veg without blending them instead. Chew your calories, don't drink them :smile: You also need to vary your diet - eggs and quark are filling, but with relatively little by way of carbohydrates or calories. However, I achieved most of my weight loss through cycling and swimming - both are easier on the joints when your BMI is 31. I laid off running until I got my BMI down to 25-26. I particularly recommend cycling - it has a high calorie burn and can be maintained for hours on end.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Your wife must make some huge lunches if that adds up to 2000 calories. I would have guessed 1000-1300, but would be going on the average size of my own lunches to come to that conclusion. I suggest logging what you eat and make sure you are getting your minimum fat and protein in, as well as calories.