Intermittent fasting

Options
Hey hey!! So I've been intermittent fast for alittle over a month and I can't praise it enough!!! I've started to incorporate juicing throughout the morning and what a difference! ! .. yea it's tough at times, but it's amazing how fast ur body adapts! Is there anyone else on here intermittent fasting?

Replies

• RidaKhalifeh
    RidaKhalifeh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please don't do that to your self. It's unhealthy :)
  • drocksi317
    drocksi317 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Haha! It's actually the healthiest way to eat. I'll gladly educate you, if you'd like.. but to make a negative comment about something you don't know or fully understand is sadning. It's the best I've ever looked and felt. But you saying it's un healthy is your opinion but it actually being healthy for you is proven fact.. but I am open for questions and thoughts and opinions
  • Greenbirdsmom
    Greenbirdsmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just listened to a podcast on that and it really sounded good. How did you start was thinking about doing that
  • drocksi317
    Options
    Well.. it's funny that you ask.. I first learned about it from a YouTube video of two twin body builders that fast for 20 hours aday.. and they are at 8%body fat.. so from the research that I did and from all I've read, 20 hours of fasting is more for someone who gradually got there... it's not really recommend for someone first starting the program simply because your body hasn't quite adapted from not eat 3,4,or even 5 times a day.. so it's hard and discouraging to start right at 20 hours of fasting... but if u have enough will power,drive and determination,with realistic goals that will continue to make u push harder because of seen results then shoot for 20... but I would recommend starting at 16 hours 8pm to 12 pm lunchtime. And consume your 2500 calories or less if u wanna be in a caloric negative, till 8 pm again. And coffee is a great hunger suppression tool.. and if you can hold off drinking that first coffee till u actually start getting hungry it'll help you go even further throughout the day before eating... and then as you progress you can then start shorting your eating window and fasting for longer periods of time. .mind you water will be your best friend.. I can go on and on on.. does and fonts what to eat what to not eat too
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Please don't do that to your self. It's unhealthy :)

Why do you say it's unhealthy?

Personally I don't see why people get so hung up on subscribing to one particular way of eating every day. Some days I can do IF and eat between 12-8pm on two or three meals. Other days I want something to eat upon waking up so adjust other meals accordingly. I enjoy less frequent but bigger meals more. Small meals do nothing for me, everybody has different preferences.
  • drocksi317
    Options
    Exactly! !! They whole basis of flexible dieting!!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Alternate Day Fasting is the best diet I have ever tried
  • getty123
    getty123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Feel free to add me
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I've had good weight loss results with 19/5 fasting, but I found it hard to get all the micronutrients and photochemicals in one or two big calorie dense meals. I can't believe I never thought about combining it with juicing. I'd probably keep the juice within my eating window, but I will definitely try this next time I want to drop weight. Thanks for the tip!

By the way, there is at least one group on MFP devoted to various forms of IF. If you want support from people knowledgeable about a particular diet style, groups are the way to go.
  • tito2928
    tito2928 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been watching their videos because I need to lose weight and get control of my cholesterol. I've been following the fastingtwins for a week now and watching their videos. I have to wait a little before I start since I was hospitalized a week ago with a heart attack. Since I've been out of the hospital I've been reading and trying to look in to a program that I can do and loose some weight. Of course I want to bring this up to my doctor so how should approach the program?
  • tdang09
    tdang09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is perfect because I have a question! I want to get into juicing so do have any recommendations on juicers? And that's awesome by the way, keep doing what you're doing :)
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of IF as well, it works! I do take a cleanse and do a few things to keep my metabolism functioning at full capacity. At most I cleanse two days in a row and it is awesome for shredding and is healthy as long as you drink lots of water!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,120 Member
    Options
    There is an intermittent fasting group here. Just search for it in the groups section.
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have heard about this, but haven't tried it. So, you eat all your calories from 12noon to 8pm??
  • frankiedb
    frankiedb Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting and I stand by it!
  • mrbgraziano
    mrbgraziano Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have read about this. I wonder, can you combine intermittent fasting with low-carb high-fat dieting?
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Studies prove it works

http://news.uic.edu/krista-varady-weighs-in-on-how-to-drop-pounds-fast

There are various methods of IF and alternate day fasting. I typically do a 48 hour cleanse.
  • mrbgraziano
    mrbgraziano Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bruhaha007 wrote: »
    Studies prove it works

http://news.uic.edu/krista-varady-weighs-in-on-how-to-drop-pounds-fast

There are various methods of IF and alternate day fasting. I typically do a 48 hour cleanse.

Fantastic!! Thanks for the literature. I'm all for empirical data.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have good results from IF but it's not for me. Best of luck to you.
  • stillfine2013
    stillfine2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 pound in a month doing it! I love it!