My bf keeps calling me fat

Options
Hi all i have to vent i have no one else sorry
Okay so i use to weigh 55kgs when i met my bf i was a little underweight now 4 years later i weigh 65kg my bf calls me fat i get so upset like really upset i have lost 2 kilis in just over 3 wks but i still feel horrible i wont wear my little black dresses anymore its always sweat pants and a baggy top i could really appreciate some support and no im not trying to lose weigHt jus bcz of him i am unhappy and want to change
Thanks for reading pls add me

Replies

• mystgrl1604
    mystgrl1604 Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Your boyfriend is a dick. He shouldnt make you feel bad. Dont listen to him and go do things and wear clothes that make you feel good :) and congratulations on the weight loss! Remember to keep on the healthy way of losing and not fad diets, so you can stick with it. Good luck!
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Dump him!!! I gained 10 pounds since I have met my BF and I struggle personally with it. He does nothing but support me and tell me that I'm perfect. Do it for yourself, not for someone else!!! ✌
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    He'd be an ex, not a bf.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I think if you're staying with someone who's calling you names you need more help than anyone here can offer. I mean if excess weight is a problem for you, you can lose that. If an actual person is a problem for you, you can lose them as well.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you can safely leave him, do so. NO ONE who insults you and hurts you like that is worth it. I don't care how cute, or "sweet", or otherwise awesome he appears to be - the kind of man who insults you and calls you fat doesn't value you as a person, and you deserve better than that.
  • breelovesgoldy
    breelovesgoldy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied you are all so nice it honestly ment alot to me
  • moeheep
    moeheep Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    drop him like a bad habit!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hi all i have to vent i have no one else sorry
    Okay so i use to weigh 55kgs when i met my bf i was a little underweight now 4 years later i weigh 65kg my bf calls me fat i get so upset like really upset i have lost 2 kilis in just over 3 wks but i still feel horrible i wont wear my little black dresses anymore its always sweat pants and a baggy top i could really appreciate some support and no im not trying to lose weigHt jus bcz of him i am unhappy and want to change
    Thanks for reading pls add me

Hi.
    There is a few things you can do..
    -- Use it to motivate you when you exercise.
    -- Always be, Not in the mood, less he gives you a compliment.
  • amyjane_g
    amyjane_g Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been in your situation, my (now ex) husband used to call me 'tubby' - I weighed 56kgs at the time !!! ...and despite feeling happy in myself it soon knocked my confidence and cutting a long and boring story short I lost too much weight as I starved myself and ended up in hospital.. That was not good.

You need someone to be there for you and support you and show you how to love the skin you are in.. He doesn't deserve you and by the sounds of things, you can do a whole lot better than that.. He sounds like a real dick! (Sorry)

Don't let other people bring you down, high five on the weight loss to date.. Do it for you and no one else! Just remember, slow and steady is key as you are likely to maintain the weight loss rather than piling it all on (and some) from some fad crazed diet..

Keep smiling...
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Every time he calls you fat.....kick him in the nuts..... that should sort it x
  • Devol82
    Devol82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Every time he calls you fat.....kick him in the nuts..... that should sort it x

yes this lol
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can do better than him. You don't need to stay with someone who puts you down
  • BryonySigrun
    BryonySigrun Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Man, in my opinion you need to dump that twatwaffle like a bad habit. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. You're working on yourself so he can go eat a bag of dicks.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Have you told him clearly that calling you fat is hurting you and you want it stopped for good? If he can't quit this behavior, there will probably be other problems in the future. Bad habits have to be addressed or they just keep growing.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This is so sad and I am sorry you are going through this. Me and my bf have our issues and thankfully my weight isn't one. When I meet him I weighed 268 lbs when I was pregnant with our daughter I got to 300 lbs. My last weigh in I was 257.

I was in a relationship when I was in my late 20's and I was about 180 the guy didn't like it and put me on a 'diet'. I couldn't eat over 1000 calories a day and had to walk an hour of the morning and evening. It was hard because if I didn't follow his rules I got yelled at. Eventually I left the relationship. Looking back I was in an abusive situation.

I tell you this because it's never ok to let someone make you feel that way. If someone loves you they want what is best for you and will only build you up, not tare you down. You are beautiful and smart and worth so much more than this.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Let him go, darling. Your boyfriend should be supportive and loving, not mean and rude. It will get worse.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    katkins3 wrote: »
    Have you told him clearly that calling you fat is hurting you and you want it stopped for good? If he can't quit this behavior, there will probably be other problems in the future. Bad habits have to be addressed or they just keep growing.

Yes. this would like, if Men/boys would actually listen.
    but since we do not listen, it wouldn't work.

Negative talk = Negative action,
    and eventually he would put 2 and 2 together.

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    As a straight married male, PUNCH HIM IN THE CROTCH. Trust me he should be helping to lift you up and support you not bringing you down. If that is what he is saying to you he is probably saying much worse behind your back.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You need to tell him that you will not be treated that way and make plans to move on. Name calling is not okay.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    katkins3 wrote: »

If he can't already see that calling someone names actually hurts then there is something badly wrong with him.