"Quote"...?????

Options
Don't wanna sound foolish.. But, Why does it say "quote" under each comment??? Am I missing something???

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    If you wish to quote that post you press the button. That way that poster understands that you are referring to their post.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When I first started posting here, I didn't notice the quote button under peoples posts and for a wee bit didn't know how people were quoting each other. Fun times. As far as I'm aware, MFP (MyFitnessPal) doesn't have a FAQ anywhere that explains these things, so we can be forgiven, lol.
  • bizzybeathatsme
    bizzybeathatsme Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ok, so, it's a way of replying to specific comments, referring to specific persons..., and to also re-share the awesome information that's been shared.. Thanks so much.,
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Ok, so, it's a way of replying to specific comments.., and to also share the awesome information with others.. Thanks so much.,

When you hit the quote button your reply appears like this. The reply I wanted to quote appears already in the reply box and I can add my own text above or below it. It's an easy way of letting others in the conversation know which thread specifically you're replying to.