Just one month in!!

Options
So a month ago I wok up one day & just completely changed my entire life style. I wasn't happy with myself. I'm 22 about to be 23 in September all I do is work, sleep, work sleep. A lot of my friends moved away & the the other half just wants to get drunk all the time. So I decided that I needed to do something for me. I completely changed my life style. Cut off all junk food, watched how much I ate, planned my meals & even started insanity. I'm on week 3 of insanity now & I love it!

At first I didn't think i was losing weight, even though I didn't own a scale, but I could tell the difference in my clothes. I was feeling more energized & actually happy with myself for once! But I will not let a number on the scale dictate all my hard work.

So it's been a month now & I wanted to share with everyone what a difference a healthy lifestyle can do for you!
ak6pry93wcd9.jpg
oi0xi50lg2bt.jpg

I know it's only been a month but I'm so happy with myself! I push through my workouts everyday. During the day at work, I just can't wait to go home & workout.
So if any of you think about giving up, don't! It's worth it! Keep believing & don't stop.

I have a long way to go with my progress but I'm just so happy how far I've come in just a month! :))

Replies

• aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up!
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started a much healthier lifestyle 2 years ago, and I'm 54. Good for you figuring this out at a much younger age! The benefits will be life lasting!
  • TashaaaKayeee
    TashaaaKayeee Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Calibrate wrote: »
    I started a much healthier lifestyle 2 years ago, and I'm 54. Good for you figuring this out at a much younger age! The benefits will be life lasting!

Yes! I want to be able to go outside & run around & play with my nieces & nephews without catching my breath every minute lol. I'm glad I made this change.

& that's awesome to hear! Keep it up!
  • kdn167
    kdn167 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I want to be there in a month! I've been using fitness blender for my workouts on YouTube. I'm only 3 days in, I just want to be healthier as well. I'm 26 with type 2 diabetes. Stories like this always inspire me to do better. Were you a beginner when you started insanity?
  • TashaaaKayeee
    Options
    kdn167 wrote: »
    That is so awesome! I want to be there in a month! I've been using fitness blender for my workouts on YouTube. I'm only 3 days in, I just want to be healthier as well. I'm 26 with type 2 diabetes. Stories like this always inspire me to do better. Were you a beginner when you started insanity?

Yes I was! I woke up one day & just started it & continued with it! I would be lying if I said it was easy, it's not. The warm up itself is a work out but it's so worth it! I push myself through everytime!

• bhay004
    bhay004 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's great! I keep telling myself I need to throw out my scale because I feel amazing and my clothes are fitting better, but the numbers on the scale just aren't budging and it gets a little discouraging.
  • TashaaaKayeee
    Options
    bhay004 wrote: »
    That's great! I keep telling myself I need to throw out my scale because I feel amazing and my clothes are fitting better, but the numbers on the scale just aren't budging and it gets a little discouraging.

You could be gaining muscle. Don't think negative about it! You lose inches before pounds. Don't give up!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you not only for your physical changes but for making the mental changes first. You DECIDED you were going to change and you did it. Fantastic! And being able to do so at such a young age speaks volumes about your maturity and mental strength.

FWIW, I hope your "other half" straightens up and changes for the better, too. Not saying he's a bad person; just meaning that the drinking all the time gets old really fast.
  • denise_niecy2003
    denise_niecy2003 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girly! Keep it up!!
  • TashaaaKayeee
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Wow! Good for you not only for your physical changes but for making the mental changes first. You DECIDED you were going to change and you did it. Fantastic! And being able to do so at such a young age speaks volumes about your maturity and mental strength.

FWIW, I hope your "other half" straightens up and changes for the better, too. Not saying he's a bad person; just meaning that the drinking all the time gets old really fast.

I definitely found out who my real friends are after I stopped drinking. My party days were in highschool & when I turned 21. Now it just gets old.
  • jpswfe
    jpswfe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're an inspration to many!
  • hadley099
    hadley099 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
  • still_searching
    still_searching Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Yeah you!
  • TashaaaKayeee
    Options
    Thanks everyone! (:
    Good luck to all of you on your journey!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • madube84
    madube84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Keep it up!
  • nightbird1103
    nightbird1103 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done! I love insanity- you really are dripping by the end of the warm up! Nothing like the feeling you get after a hard workout. Much better than any buzz you can get in a bar, and the results of your hard work and good decisions will be lasting!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!