Dieters Edema

Options
13»

Replies

• ashayoc
    ashayoc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm already eating at a 1200 cal diet today is my rest day and I have a massage planned but tomorrow I'll work on only core exercises and probably 30 mins cardio
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    total daily energy expenditure

how many calories your body burns each day doing what it does

eg your basic body requirements to keep your systems going = BMR
    plus your general activity in living - getting up, brushing teeth, working, moving from room to room, dressing, shopping etc
    plus your purposeful exercise

by far the largest part of this is your BMR

cardio you can assume you would earn about 3 - 400 calories in an hour's worth of steady-state jogging for example

do you have diastisis recti? has doctor confirmed?
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    ashayoc wrote: »
    Never weigh everyday , once a week the same time eg every monday morning , before eating anything and naked is best .

Why? Weigh as often as you want as long as you understand fluctuations and don't let it emotionally drive you.

I use to weigh every Sunday morning naked before I eat and I did this Sunday I logged those results but I'm saying since which I've gained on the scale so it's depressing I guess I could stick to just Sunday and yes it emotionally stresses me :(

Plus, what really is the point of weighing everyday, especially if you "understand fluctuations?" You can't possibly lose a noticeable amount of weight that could not be attributable to water from one day to the very next so why do it more than once a week anyway?
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily because it's part of the discipline like logging my meals that keeps me going. I only record my weight when its lower than the last recorded weight.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Never weigh everyday , once a week the same time eg every monday morning , before eating anything and naked is best .

Why? Weigh as often as you want as long as you understand fluctuations and don't let it emotionally drive you.

I use to weigh every Sunday morning naked before I eat and I did this Sunday I logged those results but I'm saying since which I've gained on the scale so it's depressing I guess I could stick to just Sunday and yes it emotionally stresses me :(

Plus, what really is the point of weighing everyday, especially if you "understand fluctuations?" You can't possibly lose a noticeable amount of weight that could not be attributable to water from one day to the very next so why do it more than once a week anyway?

Personally, I weigh daily and record it in a trend-tracking app, because my deficit is such that my weekly target loss is less than the possible range of fluid fluctuation, and it would be very possible to miss the overall downward trend if I happened to pick two high days a week apart.

More data makes me happy. And keeping in the daily habit has historically been important to me.

Everybody's different, of course. But there are plenty of valid reasons to weigh daily, as long as you *do* truly understand fluctuations and don't go crazy over them each day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

You're kidding right?

Because this kind of tracking over the last 2 weeks ...is hormonal and due to water weight going the wrong way ...if I tracked weekly I would get freaked that the 4lbs increase must be part fat ...but it's bobbing up and down (hormones, sodium and killer workout) and my head, if not my heart, knows it's just extended water weight

kyyzg4nhpdxz.jpeg

From one point to the next I could just sees 4lb increase