A small NSV but for me, huge!

Options
I've just returned from a 10 day all inclusive holiday in the Canary Islands, during which time I managed to gain an impressive 11 pounds! :(

I'm not too concerned, as I know a lot of it is fluid retention, and even now, hardly 1 day later, I'm already 3lbs down, but my NSV is that for the first time ever, I've got straight back onto the diet plan from day 1 of being home, and am under my calories for the day!

This is a real first - normally it takes me a couple of weeks or more before I lose the urge to continue eating in holiday mode, and I know that MFP has contributed in a major way.

I still have a long journey ahead of me, but I'm taking it in little steps this time, not trying to take huge leaps that only leave me tripping at the first hurdle.

So yes, although I've had a gain, I'm comfortable about it, not beating myself up, and well back on track!!!

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I gained about the same on a 10 day cruise where we hit the buffet a lot. After a couple days of eating the amount you normally do, you should lose most of it. Congrats to jumping back into your plan.
  • googagene
    googagene Posts: 32
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Not all goals can be seen, some are completely mental. Be proud of yourself and keep it up! You're well on your way and you're proving it with your determination!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on the whole mental change! If you can jump right back in, when that didn't used to be the case, you are well on your way to your goal already!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!