You're not tired, you're uninspired (pictures included)

Options
emilyyytuckerrr
emilyyytuckerrr Posts: 45 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
Startq8de2r6lagai.jpeg

My starting weight was 246 and my current is 172. I'm 5'11" and I am 23 years old.

Replies

• emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    This is the HARDEST journey. Ever. I have completed my bachelors and now I'm working on my masters. No one told me I'd lose friends, and relationships over weight loss and changing my life style.

Friends have come and gone. Some are supportive and others think you're crazy. Some people truly can never understand what it is like to be heavy, or what it is like to fight every day to try to lose weight and change the tape in your head that says you need food for comfort. That's what I used food for. Comfort.

I'm still a work in progress. However, I learn to love myself more and more each day. My body has endured this journey and it amazes me how much the body can change when you change your mind set. I still have goals. I still have a lot of things I want to accomplish. However I am PROUD of myself. This is the hardest journey and it was difficult for me since I had a huge lack of support and I had to figure it out myself.

For those of you who are just now starting your journey: you're worth it. And for those who continue to their journey and are struggling: you're worth it. You are definitely worth the struggles, the ups and downs, and the light at the end of the tunnel.

• emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    e55ns4moxfh0.jpeg

Always drinking, eating fast food, and definitely not taking care of my body. I didn't exercise, and I never really thought of myself as "big". It's crazy to think this was me not too long ago.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Go You!!! Awesome!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, fantastic results! You look very fit now!
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    Thank you! I'm not where I want to be but j hope this inspires someone to make even a small change in their life
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    edited February 2016
    Options
    57d7wmpwe1y6.jpeg
    15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-ohpzlnn7wtnx.jpeg
    24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/kx/3tmhc25pxowp.jpeg
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • getsweaty123go
    getsweaty123go Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I know what you mean, I never thought of myself as big before I lost weight a couple years ago too. It creeps up on you when you aren't thinking about yourself. It's shocking to see photo's and to think that was me thinking I looked fine and was healthy..
    Awesome that you have done this at such a young age without support. Also means your body would adapt much easier than someone older losing a lot of weight so that is an added bonus! Like you said no-one understands what it takes if you haven't been bigger, you have to go through a lot of mental and emotional changes. You look fantastic by the way :-) !!
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job.
  • bradygin
    bradygin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    That's awesome!!
    Thank you so much!
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    bradygin wrote: »
    You are amazing!
    Thank you, it means a lot to me. Thank you for taking the time to read my story!
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    kristib12 wrote: »
    Amazing. I know what you mean, I never thought of myself as big before I lost weight a couple years ago too. It creeps up on you when you aren't thinking about yourself. It's shocking to see photo's and to think that was me thinking I looked fine and was healthy..
    Awesome that you have done this at such a young age without support. Also means your body would adapt much easier than someone older losing a lot of weight so that is an added bonus! Like you said no-one understands what it takes if you haven't been bigger, you have to go through a lot of mental and emotional changes. You look fantastic by the way :-) !!

Exactly, I feel like it was a good thing to start early. I'm 23 now, and of course that's still young. I can now continue my lifestyle and carry it with me through my life, and possibly if I have any children in the future. I definitely want to be a role model that change is possible
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Great story! You look awesome!!
  • chasitystiff
    chasitystiff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Man great job
  • HarleyQuinn26
    HarleyQuinn26 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! Thank you for sharing your story and encouraging us :)
  • garima34
    garima34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is just the post I needed to see! I'm graduating with my bachelor's in May and starting business school this fall. I struggle so much with seeing many of my friends just not understanding what it feels like to be big and hate what you see in the mirror everyday. It's nice to see someone in the same phase of life as me who actually reached their goal. I'm hoping I can post in this forum eventually too. Great job! :)
  • still_searching
    still_searching Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!