You're not tired, you're uninspired (pictures included)

Options
2»

Replies

• getsweaty123go
    getsweaty123go Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    kristib12 wrote: »
    Amazing. I know what you mean, I never thought of myself as big before I lost weight a couple years ago too. It creeps up on you when you aren't thinking about yourself. It's shocking to see photo's and to think that was me thinking I looked fine and was healthy..
    Awesome that you have done this at such a young age without support. Also means your body would adapt much easier than someone older losing a lot of weight so that is an added bonus! Like you said no-one understands what it takes if you haven't been bigger, you have to go through a lot of mental and emotional changes. You look fantastic by the way :-) !!

Exactly, I feel like it was a good thing to start early. I'm 23 now, and of course that's still young. I can now continue my lifestyle and carry it with me through my life, and possibly if I have any children in the future. I definitely want to be a role model that change is possible

That and your skin bounces back easier :-)
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    "Amazing how much the body can change when you change the mind" - this is so incredibly powerful. Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    That took a lot of hard work and I admire you for doing it while achieving other goals. You look so amazing..and it is wonderful you took the weight off so young so you can enjoy your life.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation......very well done! :)
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    emilyyytuckerrr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    garima34 wrote: »
    This is just the post I needed to see! I'm graduating with my bachelor's in May and starting business school this fall. I struggle so much with seeing many of my friends just not understanding what it feels like to be big and hate what you see in the mirror everyday. It's nice to see someone in the same phase of life as me who actually reached their goal. I'm hoping I can post in this forum eventually too. Great job! :)

It was really hard on my friends. Especially since I was busy with school and then my free time I was at the gym. It's hard to balance sometimes but my true friends understood and encouraged me. Others didn't tolerate it, and that's fine lol people come and go. My education, body, and mind are all very important to me
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    craignev wrote: »
    Awesome transformation......very well done! :)

Thank you!!
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    That took a lot of hard work and I admire you for doing it while achieving other goals. You look so amazing..and it is wonderful you took the weight off so young so you can enjoy your life.

I'm happy I decided to make a change and not wait until it was worse, or my health started to decline. I'm very happy with choosing to take care of my self!
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    Dex_ wrote: »
    "Amazing how much the body can change when you change the mind" - this is so incredibly powerful. Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations!

• joeross155
    joeross155 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wonderful !!! Great job
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - congratulations!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    any advice for when the challenge of getting fit seems too great? The times when you saw no progress or see no further progress? Feels like I'm spinning my wheels...incessantly.
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Awesome job... your starting weight is approximately my current weight (my starting weight was 292), I am 5'8 and hoping to get to about 160... I hope i look as good as you do now when i get to my GW.
  • emilyyytuckerrr
    Options
    any advice for when the challenge of getting fit seems too great? The times when you saw no progress or see no further progress? Feels like I'm spinning my wheels...incessantly.

When I felt stuck I'd change my routine. My gym offers classes and id take some of those since I'm typically a runner. I'd also change my food habits around as well and I've seen changes doing both since sometimes we need to trick our bodies to changing by making it do something it's not used to
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job!
  • alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Amazing inspiration. You rock girly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!