Water

Options
Does drinking more water really help with weight loss ?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If it keeps you from drinking calorie-filled drinks that would take you over your calories, then yes. Otherwise, it's more for your health.
  • RichardAllen02
    RichardAllen02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OK but do goes it help drive the hunger pangs away
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Some people say it does. I find the concept ridiculous. My body knows the difference between hunger and thirst. If I'm hungry and drink a couple cups of water, now I'm just hungry and sloshy.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    it does for me. AND just also helps me feel like i'm in a healthy mindset which keeps me moving forward. plus, its just so good for your body, skin, overall well being. never thought i'd be a water drinker, but i've become one. was a choice at first, now my go to drink.

If i'm really feeling like i want something sweet, i may drink a diet soda, but i'm finding it leading me to want another and another and gets me out of the water mindset. This is a new revelation as of recent days.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I drink a big glass of water 30 minutes before dinner. I think it really helps.
  • mrs_sjlarsen
    mrs_sjlarsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Does drinking more water really help with weight loss ?

I was wondering the same thing. There is also so much conflicting information about how much to drink per day... I figure as long as my pee is "clear", that I am drinking enough.

It does help get rid of a grumbly tummy for me in between meals and I can tell when I am dehydrated because I get MAD headaches if I don't drink enough.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There should be no hunger pangs. My lunch typically is a large salad that keeps me full a long while. 1-2 cups lettuce (I like iceberg), 1/2 cucumber diced with skin, 1 apple diced with skin, 1 fresh mushroom, sliced, 1/4 cup green pepper sliced, 58 gram shredded chicken (home cooked rather than canned eliminates sodium) 29 grams shredded cheese, 29 grams low fat dressing. Has a lot of crunch factor, takes a long time to eat, and keeps me full to supper, not needing that mid afternoon snack. Low enough in calories that I have plenty reserved for supper. My activity level is very low at this time and I am trying to eat right around 1280 cal per day.