Adding Carbohydrates to Daily Routine

Options
I have a dilema. I am keeping my intake to 1000 cal. to lose weight at a rate of 2 lbs/week. My protein intake goal is 63 g and I consume about 86 g. My carbs goal is 113 g and I am about 86 g.
My fat goal is 34 and I am at 29 and my sugar goal is 25 and I am at 33. How can I increase my carbs without tilting the scale on fat and sugar intake? Any suggestions on what to eat?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal is very low. How did you arrive at it?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Why are you eating so little?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    It's not necessary to hit your macro goals on the nose. You should most likely eat more calories though. With so little to lose, aiming for 2 lbs per week by eating so few calories could lead to nutritional deficiencies and a lot of muscle loss.
  • elivelez62
    elivelez62 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in a weight loss program and this is the information they provided me. My current body weight is 159, body fat is 31%, body water is 49% and body mass index is 26. I am 5'5".
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    elivelez62 wrote: »
    I am in a weight loss program and this is the information they provided me. My current body weight is 159, body fat is 31%, body water is 49% and body mass index is 26. I am 5'5".

You can definitely eat more and still lose weight. 2lbs a week is unnecessary and unsafe given your weight
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Change goal to lose one pound per week.
    Carbs are not important one way or another.
    You need more fat and oils in for your body: http://www.pennmedicine.org/health_info/nutrition/how_much.html