I've just started this minute! Need inspiration

Options
Hi all, I'm 37 and have yo-yo dieted since my twenties. I've had some successful 'diets' but I simply struggle to keep it off. It's time for me to drop the fad diets and start a new lifestyle Instead, I feel like I'm saving my own life! Join me on my journey to help me keep at it!

Replies

• Kimfl4
    Kimfl4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :) welcome!
  • KatMHyde
    KatMHyde Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The first minute is the easiest. ;)
    Welcome and good luck!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and I've been on the same boat for many years as well. Eventually you get tired of the boat rocking and just wanna smooth sail on a nice yacht! Welcome and good luck B)
  • halldahlia
    halldahlia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello,

It would be awesome to join you on your journey as I have started my own as well. I'm only 18 and I'm finally getting out of my shell. I find a lot of inspiration in the music I listen to. I'm quite introverted so, being alone with my thoughts and music really help me find some motivation. You also need to find that one workout that has a good rhythm with your body. For me, only recently though, is jogging. I can't get enough of it.
  • KatMHyde
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm in bed having an early night (Im English so it's 8.50pm here), hoping to read through this site and get inspired!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with MiniChef_Kriss!!! This was the most appealing thing to me to join this, it's free! There are way too many companies trying to make money off overweight people! Always trying to push their 'magic product" or "magic process"! There is only one way to do this and it is self learned by using MFP! Once you get into this, you will see results, for real!!! And you will learn how to reduce calories and such! Good luck on your weight loss!
  • KatMHyde
    Options
    :)
  • Berry180
    Berry180 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way... It's a complete nightmare lets get motivated
  • KatMHyde
    Options
    Berry180 wrote: »
    I feel the same way... It's a complete nightmare lets get motivated

Too true! enough is enough!
  • ntate713
    ntate713 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you would like. I have found I stay on track a lot better when I read other folks struggles and accomplishments.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. I have lost 115 pounds and I have 30 more pounds to go. This site is amazing and will teach you how to live a healthy, happy life!