Does Doing This Add Calories?

Options
I eat 1 cup of frozen blueberries. The blueberries are listed as having 80 calories for 1 cup. If I add water to the blueberries, does this make the calories more than 80 for that cup?

Or, my salad dressing has 30 calories for 1 tablespoon. When the bottle is empty, if I add a bit of water to the bottle and drink that, does this count as additional calories?

Thank you,

Replies

• 867530hniiine
    867530hniiine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Water has 0 calories! Go nuts lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Adding water won't add calories to anything.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

What if it's boiled water?
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

What if it's this amazing alkaline water (guaranteed to help with weight loss when you drink it instead of soda and juice!) that I'm absolutely not advertising for my own personal gain and profit (PM me for details)?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

What if it's this amazing alkaline water (guaranteed to help with weight loss when you drink it instead of soda and juice!) that I'm absolutely not advertising for my own personal gain and profit (PM me for details)?

Structured entrainer water with superhuman performance encoder or GTFO.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    What if you put one blueberry in a measuring cup, and add water to a total of one cup? That's still 80 calories, right?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I knew it!!!water made me fat!!!
  • rhonetteamber
    rhonetteamber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    LOL
    Lmao right
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    tlspiegel wrote: »
    I eat 1 cup of frozen blueberries. The blueberries are listed as having 80 calories for 1 cup. If I add water to the blueberries, does this make the calories more than 80 for that cup?

Or, my salad dressing has 30 calories for 1 tablespoon. When the bottle is empty, if I add a bit of water to the bottle and drink that, does this count as additional calories?

Thank you,

No the water doesn't add any calorie count

But I'd get a food scale and throw away your cups
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    If water has zero calories....
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

What if it's heavy water?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_water
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If water is in the cup taking up room that would have been filled with blueberries, then the cup of blueberries with water would have less calories than a cup of blueberries without water.

If the cup is first filled with blueberries and then water is added so the water is filling only space previously filled by air, then calories would remain unchanged.
  • tlspiegel
    tlspiegel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If water is in the cup taking up room that would have been filled with blueberries, then the cup of blueberries with water would have less calories than a cup of blueberries without water.

If the cup is first filled with blueberries and then water is added so the water is filling only space previously filled by air, then calories would remain unchanged.
    Thank you, makes perfect sense. The blueberries are in the bowl and water added.
  • tlspiegel
    tlspiegel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    tlspiegel wrote: »
    Well to get snit picky for a second, the water doesn't but there would be calories (sodium, fat etc) in the residual salad dressing coating the inside of the bottle.....