Wedding Weight Loss - Motivation!

Options
Anybody else trying to shift weight before they're big day?

Replies

• JemElwood
    JemElwood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I have about 40 to loose by August!!
  • Doingitinwellies
    Options
    I've got around 3 stone to lose in total, but I've left it to the last minute as I get hitched in 3 months! Just gonna see how far I get. Nearly lost my motivation today then looked at a wedding dress picture & helped me stay on track! My issue is forgetting to eat! What's yours?
  • Lollieio
    Lollieio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 30 pounds and wedding is in December. I have always had issues losing weight so this is a challenge
  • msafran5208
    msafran5208 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    30 lbs would be nice if not more before July this winter really did me in :'( .... help me!!!!!
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in July and have 1 stone to loose.
    The kids are on their school holidays this week so have no motivation to exercise, but come next week I shall be doing the 30 shred every day, well that's what I'm telling myself anyway.
    I just picked up my wedding dress on Monday and have until the 20th of may when I'm due my fitting.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Im not getting married this year but weightloss has always been slow:) Setting a date for Oct 17th tho :)
  • luv2bowl6
    luv2bowl6 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding in August in Florida. Add me if you like :)
  • MrsLeonard2016
    MrsLeonard2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Need to lose just under 20 lbs by my big day in August, add me!
  • Ronivoni
    Ronivoni Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do by next year. But starting now I 50 to go !!! Congrats !
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    i got a month to lose the rest-last dress fitting. I wanted ten but i think 5 will be more reasonable. and then my goal is to maintain maintain maintain till my wedding day
  • hmthequeenkayla
    hmthequeenkayla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in October and would like lose 40 pounds by then, and we have engagement photos in April and I'd like to lose 10-15 by then.
  • Doingitinwellies
    Options
    30 lbs would be nice if not more before July this winter really did me in :'( .... help me

Don't worry you will get there!! It's hard but worth it in the end :) I'm having w down day today but keep soldiering on :)
  • Doingitinwellies
    Options
    I'm getting married in October and would like lose 40 pounds by then, and we have engagement photos in April and I'd like to lose 10-15 by then.
    moyer566 wrote: »
    i got a month to lose the rest-last dress fitting. I wanted ten but i think 5 will be more reasonable. and then my goal is to maintain maintain maintain till my wedding day
    Ronivoni wrote: »
    I do by next year. But starting now I 50 to go !!! Congrats !
    Need to lose just under 20 lbs by my big day in August, add me!
    luv2bowl6 wrote: »
    I am a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding in August in Florida. Add me if you like :)
    Im not getting married this year but weightloss has always been slow:) Setting a date for Oct 17th tho :)
    I'm getting married in July and have 1 stone to loose.
    The kids are on their school holidays this week so have no motivation to exercise, but come next week I shall be doing the 30 shred every day, well that's what I'm telling myself anyway.
    I just picked up my wedding dress on Monday and have until the 20th of may when I'm due my fitting.
    30 lbs would be nice if not more before July this winter really did me in :'( .... help me!!!!!
    I want to lose 30 pounds and wedding is in December. I have always had issues losing weight so this is a challenge
    JemElwood wrote: »
    Yes!!! I have about 40 to loose by August!!

It's so lovely to have a community of brides and friends going through it all together!!

I'm a chronic meal skipper and generally don't eat much so I'm battling my metabolism, get hitched in 3 months, I ended up having my dress made as was far too scared to go into a normal dress shop an try anything on as didn't think it would fit. I'm UK size 24 at the moment and weigh about 23 stone so I've left my battle right to the last minute but I'm after a lifestyle change, I love body combat by Les mills, if you don't know what it is seriously Google it is fab!

Would love to hear people's stories. I've cut carbs but crave pasta most of the time :-)
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I used to suffer from massive depression. I moved a lot as i went to college and eventually uni. I ate horrible my first year of school and gained i think total 50lbs. on a petite 5'4 frame it was very evident. the weight gain did nothing to help my depression.
    In 2013 I got serious about weight loss. I went from 178 ( actually higher than that, just didnt have a scale at the start to 141 lbs. Did a bulk to help with some saggy skin and am currently cutting . sitting at 154 lbs today, goal is 135-140.
    I have a hormonal imbalance (my testosterone is very high for a female), so i find it very difficult to shed weight.

I haven't eliminated anything from my diet. I am a firm believer in cico (calories in vs calories out) and dont restrict anything if i want it i make it fit in my calories. i tried eliminating stuff in the past and it just dosnt do me good. I dont consume dairy however, as i am lactose intolerant.
  • disco_heat
    disco_heat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in September and would love to lose 3 stone! Add me ladies! We can do this together!!!