5'6 fat as *kitten*, expends 1kcal of cardio a day cutting on a caloric intake of 700kcal a day

Options
DannyDo678
DannyDo678 Posts: 20 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Current macro split 12F/88C/61P. Need help being patient instead of rushing my first cut

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    700 calorie intake while burning more than that in exercise per day is rushing it. You're going to burn through lean mass like crazy. You need to set your goal to lose 1 pound per week, then eat all those calories. If you're doing tons of cardio to increase your calorie burn stop. Stick to a progressive lifting routine and if you absolutely must do cardio limit yourself to a few 30 minute sessions per week.

Your protein needs to be around .8-1 gram per pound of lean body mass and that low of fat intake is going to screw up your hormones.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Did you mean a deficit of 700 calories per day?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    DannyDo678 wrote: »
    How retarded am I. Current macro split 12F/88C/61P. Need help being patient instead of rushing my first cut

Your not retarded at all, just rushing to try do something but by doing that you will stop yourself getting to where you want to be.

Eating that low will harm your lean muscle.

Take it easy, slow it down and read the starter threads. The info in them is very worth reading and following :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

61 grams of protein = 244 calories
    88 grams of carbs = 352 calories
    12 grams of fat = 108 calories

Total= 700 calories

It has to be grams and not percentage.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »

61 grams of protein = 244 calories
    88 grams of carbs = 352 calories
    12 grams of fat = 108 calories

Total= 700 calories

It has to be grams and not percentage.

Oh, yeah no. I second .8g/lb lean mass of protein and .35g/lb lean mass of fat as minimums. Carbs you can fill in as you see fit, but you're going to need enough total calories to fuel your workouts (I'm assuming you're still lifting even if you cut volume during your cut).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your profile shows only 7 lbs to lose. Why the extreme deficit? Why the description as "fat as ****"?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    You are going to lose a bucket load of muscle and other lean mass. You will be weak. You will lack the nutrition needed to keep you healthy. In other words, stop this, get a moderate deficit, and take your time.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    More red flags than at Monza on race day here. Abusive self-descriptions, extreme calorie restriction, over-exercise...yeah, no, you need some help, and not the type we can give you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    More red flags than at Monza on race day here. Abusive self-descriptions, extreme calorie restriction, over-exercise...yeah, no, you need some help, and not the type we can give you.

This
  • DannyDo678
    DannyDo678 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody first few post. We're very informative and my fiancé for 2 years left me for someone that's why the rush I just wanted to impress her before she fell in love with him sorry if I offended anyone with the choice of words the caloric deficit is starting to affect every aspect of my physical and mental health
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Dude, she's already gone. Eat more.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You're not going to be happy with the results at all on an intake like that. Goodbye lean muscle. Stop abusing yourself, both physically and mentally. The girl is gone, she's not worth your health.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    How retarded am I. Current macro split 12F/88C/61P. Need help being patient instead of rushing my first cut

would be better to do this 0F/0C/200P

lower risk of muscle loss
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thank you everybody first few post. We're very informative and my fiancé for 2 years left me for someone that's why the rush I just wanted to impress her before she fell in love with him sorry if I offended anyone with the choice of words the caloric deficit is starting to affect every aspect of my physical and mental health

Ok, this is going to be a little brutal so I apologize in advance...

If she has left you for him, chances are she is already in love with him.

And generally when someone leaves it's not because of your appearance. Females are humans, not peacocks, we (usually) don't pick partners based off how pretty their "feathers" are. Unless she has made comments in the past that shows she is unsatisfied with your appearance, making the big gesture of changing your appearance won't work.

I've been on the other side of this. I've left a partner for someone else. There was never anything they could've done to "keep" me or "win me back" - I just didn't love them anymore and I had found someone that I loved more than anything.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    [edited by staff]

Secondly, you have some other issues to clearly work out before weight loss becomes your priority. Why would you want someone back that has hurt you? This is brutal, but there is something the other person is giving her that you did not. And I can assure you that it is not appearance. Reflect on that. Because to honestly think that someone is that shallow to focus only on looks is already a red flag.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to impress someone who is leaving you for another man? I'd be like "Bye, Felicia!" and then work on the fitness/diet goals for myself.

Perhaps you should seek out counseling. You're doing yourself more harm than good and there's alot going on for you. I think it would be beneficial for you to talk things out with a professional. There's no reason to harm yourself physically and mentally over someone who doesn't want to be with you. As the saying goes, there are plenty of fish in the sea.
  • cbeau1991
    cbeau1991 Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

This sounds like an extraordinarily difficult experience, and it also sounds like there's a lot going on in your life right now. Have you thought about consulting a mental health professional?
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, OP, you're only eating about half what your minimum cal/day should be.
    And she's not going to come back to you if you torture yourself.

Read this blog post, and especially click through to the Baylor College of Medicine (BCM.edu) link.
    That will help you learn what a healthy weight for your height is, and a healthy calorie intake,
    and how many servings of the various food groups you need to eat every day.

Goal setting, including weight, calories, and macros
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-08-setting-goals-667045

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Yeah, OP, you're only eating about half what your minimum cal/day should be.
    And she's not going to come back to you if you torture yourself.

Read this blog post, and especially click through to the Baylor College of Medicine (BCM.edu) link.
    That will help you learn what a healthy weight for your height is, and a healthy calorie intake,
    and how many servings of the various food groups you need to eat every day.

Goal setting, including weight, calories, and macros
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-08-setting-goals-667045

The link to Baylor doesn't seem to exist anymore, but IIFYM has a really good calculator at: http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    One girl left. Who cares! It has happened to me from both sides. Life moves on and eventually you become happy with yourself and then you can attract the correct partner or decide to be happy single. You may need some therapy but, killing yourself that obviously cares nothing about you is only hurting you.