OMG! Really!?!

Options
I've been on here doing really good since March 5 2011!!!! For some unknown reason, the past week or 2, I've struggled and not been logging and pretty much eatin whatever!! I know, it's awful!! Anyone else going through or have gone through a not much feelin it stage like me???????

HELP!!!!!!! Needing encouragement!!!!!!!:frown:

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    yeah but instead of 2 weeks its been more like 3 months :/ i try off and on but binge from trying to hard and than have to work to get back to where i was before
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    that fact that you took the time to write about it says something right there!! :)
  • jersey0725
    jersey0725 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same. I feel like eating anything I find lately, and I always have the urge to go to the kitchen.
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I really struggled for about a month! I'm still not perfect, but I'm learning. This has been a long process for me. I wake up every morning saying today is going to be a great day. Not all are, but I still wake up with a positive attitude.
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    I was about a week ago, then one of my MFP's re-wrote my "why I am doing this'' and it gave me the kick in the butt I needed.

So to that I have to say. "but I definately want my kids to look up to me. My husband and kids are my life. I'm ready to just be healthy and confident and really feel good about myself." This is why you are here! read it and re-read it. Take your kids out to go play in the park and get involved with them. That would be an AMAZING workout!!! Best of luck! Friend me if you wish.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Find a picture of yourself, a "before" picture and put it in your bathroom or on a mirror or something that you see multiple times a day. Even a note if you don't have a non flattering picture. It will flash your brain to help make you remember. I put up a picture of myself at Christmas 2009, haven't looked back since.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Something going on in your life that's messing with your head? stress?

think about what's been happening and maybe you'll figure out why.

Try to log again, even if its all the bad stuff...

you'll get back on track!
  • mvsundberg
    Options
    Yep! Life gets in the way...vacations, house guests, kids out of school, hubby traveling, etc. But just because you've fallen "off the horse" doesn't mean you can't get back up on it. Just remember that if it's not in the house you won't eat it. If kiddos are in the picture, now is as good a time as any to get them on a good healthy diet as well (not to mention hubby)! I make my lunch and bring it to work and even forgo going out to eat if I know I'll be tempted. No worries, girl. Just keep on trying. It's not an overnight change, it's a LIFESTYLE change. :)
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I think that you will find that a lot of people have gone through that. Take comfort in that your not alone.... take encouragement that you are taking responsibility and looking to change. You can push through it.
  • girbitta
    girbitta Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been dealing with this for the past 2 weeks, I have been over my goals many days a week :( but fortunately under the weekly goal...
    However, no weight loss during these 2 weeks. But I think that my TOM is affecting so started again today being strong, telling myself no - behave! :D (my hormones have been crazy trying to find balance after all this weight loss)
    Could it be the same with you?
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Right there with you!!! I've at least been able to maintain the workout regime for the last week, but I haven't been as closely monitoring what I've been eating. The scale is reflecting that too (though I know most of that 6-pound gain this last week is water weight).

Today is a new day... and I'm putting my game face on. Already have had 80 ounces of water to help flush out the extra sodium. Tonight, I'm determining what my game plan is for the rest of the week. Gotta psych myself into getting back into this full-swing!
  • LaughingStraightToDaBank
    Options
    Give yourself a cheat day every week or fortnight. This way you won't let huge binges happen as you are not depriving anything that your cravings want. Cheat days mean you eat a little unhealthier than usual but don't go overboard with that either.
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You have recognized that you are doing something that isn't going to get you to where you ultimately want to be. That is a step back in the right direction. Remember where you want to be and remember the WHY you want to be there. Really remember the why. You'll get the drive back. Life happens and make it difficult to keep up with thing and it's easy to slip back into old habits. You can do it. You already are doing it. :-)
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Yup. It happens. I've been there on and off for the past several months. I'll do great for a couple of weeks, then sloooowly stop. For me, I do best if I am consistent about logging in every day and being honest about my food and exercise...even if I'm going over. Sometimes it's really hard. What also helps (sometimes) is setting some specific goals for myself for the next week, or month, or whatever. Something attainable, but not too easy--something that will require you to push yourself a bit. For instance, last week my goal was to walk and/or run 20 miles or more. I ended up going over 25 miles. I need to set up another goal for myself for this week...if I choose the right short-term goal, and am serious about it, it really helps me. Good luck to you! Keep up the good work!
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    sometimes making a list of what`s stopping you can help so when the issues come up again you can be aware of it before it happens again.

you can do this, you did it before.

Confucius said that the road to inner peace is through your mind....... no wait, it was on Kung Fu Panda.

Go get`em.
    M.
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have been there myself for the past 3 weeks or so, i get on track for a few days and then i blow a day... UGH! (see diary from yesterday- BAD BAD BAD day! But i do know where you are and i do know that we can both pull through this!!! Good luck! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am in this place too... slowly I had stoped doing my protin after workouts. I had stoped going to the grocery store. I have figured out that I can't do that. So yesterday I went to the store and got everything to start out back on the right foot. I know I can do it. I just need to get it all together. no excuses... just do it.
  • ceeceestyles
    Options
    The first step is realizing you have a problem. I know, sounds like a corney line from AA. But its a true statement for anything in life. It took me multiple times to finally find my groove, and seeing a picture of what I USED to look like and what I NOW look like to get it set in my mind that things have to CHANGE, and fast. I have a boyfriend that is AMAZING at positive reinforcement, which helps A LOT! Set small goals for yourself, add friends that will push you in your goals. Make yourself accountable to them, update them weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. If you need more of a push, ask them to CALL you or email you to check up on you and make sure you are still fighting towards your goal. I made a group page on FB that my friends and I use to motivate each other on. I have struggled all year with my weight but I found a gym that was really inexpensive, and very one on one. Its close to the house so I can walk on nice days. But I also joined their "Biggest Loser" competition that they are doing, so that I have an obligation to do it instead of letting myself slack off and not go. I would gladly message you daily if you would like, I know you dont know me from the next jane doe that posts in here, but I know how you are feeling. Hope I was helpful through my babbling. Best of luck!:flowerforyou:
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Mine did a total stall for 2 months when I got to the last five pounds --- I didnt' give up though! I kept eating and working out as I had been even though the scale was frozen in place
    and then it moved
    Don't stop what you are doing
    it will eventually start losing again. We didn't gain this weight overnight and we are not going to lose it without our bodies fighting us on the way. Our bodies have gotten used to it and try to maintain us```thus the struggle......
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    happens to the best of us my friend. stay the course