Discouraged

Options
This has been a pretty bad week. College is in full effect and all the school work is hitting pretty hard. I barley find time to eat let alone exercise or log all my food

Replies

• jasonmason119
    jasonmason119 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sucks when your so busy you can't be healthy
  • eversosquidly
    eversosquidly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert, so take from this what you will, but I'm finding that I'm really busy with my work schedule. So while I can't focus all of my energy on eating healthy and trying to exercise, I do what I can. Instead of being upset with myself for not remembering to log all of my food, I'm grateful when I do. I'm proud of myself for taking the stairs instead of the elevator. I'm happy if I get all of my water in. I think if you praise yourself for the things you can fit in and remember to do, you'll end up happier (and healthier) in the long run. But you can do it! One step at a time!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Soylent. Try it. It's cheap, filling, and you can even cut calories with relative ease. Ordering it was one of the best decisions I ever made this year. Having a staple, not having to think of what is healthy to eat, on the go, keeps temptation at bay.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    JJordon wrote: »
    Soylent. Try it. It's cheap, filling, and you can even cut calories with relative ease. Ordering it was one of the best decisions I ever made this year. Having a staple, not having to think of what is healthy to eat, on the go, keeps temptation at bay.

Is it...is it made of people? 0.0
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Only Soylent Green is made up of the unfortunate who were introduced to the business end of a commercial incinerator and then sifted and intermixed with high energy green plankton! Soylent Red is fruits, Soylent Yellow is vegetables.

However, my Soylent is white.
    https://www.soylent.com/
  • kiaramonroe772
    kiaramonroe772 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert, so take from this what you will, but I'm finding that I'm really busy with my work schedule. So while I can't focus all of my energy on eating healthy and trying to exercise, I do what I can. Instead of being upset with myself for not remembering to log all of my food, I'm grateful when I do. I'm proud of myself for taking the stairs instead of the elevator. I'm happy if I get all of my water in. I think if you praise yourself for the things you can fit in and remember to do, you'll end up happier (and healthier) in the long run. But you can do it! One step at a time!

You're right, I should focus more on the positives rather than the negatives. Thanks for your help
  • missmoo007
    missmoo007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When at school walk the long route, or park far away. Pack a healthy snack in your bag so you aren't tempted by a vending machine, or quick food. Take the stairs, not the elevator. I notice when I walk the extra steps and make good choices it helps
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    @eversosquidly is right. You might be aiming for perfection and it's overwhelming. Try to focus on what you did right instead of what you didn't do. Just for a week. The next week, keep doing it. At the very least, you'll have a healthier attitude. College is a busy time. After college is busy too. You'll always have reasons not to work out, log your foods, etc. But take each day one at a time, and remember that you have time on your side. I wish I had been half as aware at your age as you are. There might be long periods of slip ups, but you have the knowledge and the tools to get back at it. And over time, those slips become fewer and shorter. You can do this.