low carb breakfast ideas

Options
Looking for low carb breakfast ideas.. ( I'm tired of eating eggs :/ )

Replies

• Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    First, break out of the meme that breakfast has to be oatmeal, eggs, sausage, or pancakes. I had salmon for breakfast. Granted, I ate it on a Bagel Thin, but you can leave that part out if you like. I love baby spinach, so I often sautee a good bit with shallots, red pepper flakes, and cherry toms to open the week and store it in the fridge. I pile it on lots of breakfast plates. I mostly like it with some vegetarian 'sausage' patties with some egg beaters...granted, that is eggs again, but the spinach changes the flavor profile (and you could just leave the eggs out). Getting out of the cultural norm of what breakfast food is was hard but, once you do the possibilities are endless.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs too but I have them with chicken breakfast sausage that I swear tastes exactly like pork sausage. I switch it up wit an apple with peanut butter on the days I don't feel like cooking. Not super low carb but I feel full after eating and i watch other carbs during the day.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and berries.
    Full fat greek yogurt and berries.
  • serenaraven84
    serenaraven84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of eggs too. I practically force myself to eat them most mornings. I like the idea of sautéing veggies with them to switch up the flavor. And the cottage cheese and berries idea!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Protein powder smoothie with frozen fruit?
  • dbrattgrl
    dbrattgrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies with chia, almond milk, peanut butter, kale and whatever fruit I have around. Delicious and it fills me up. You can also use coconut milk.
  • dbrattgrl
    dbrattgrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies with chia, almond milk, peanut butter, kale and whatever fruit I have around. Delicious and it fills me up. You can also use coconut milk.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with almonds.
    Pork chop.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    First, break out of the meme that breakfast has to be oatmeal, eggs, sausage, or pancakes. I had salmon for breakfast. Granted, I ate it on a Bagel Thin, but you can leave that part out if you like. I love baby spinach, so I often sautee a good bit with shallots, red pepper flakes, and cherry toms to open the week and store it in the fridge. I pile it on lots of breakfast plates. I mostly like it with some vegetarian 'sausage' patties with some egg beaters...granted, that is eggs again, but the spinach changes the flavor profile (and you could just leave the eggs out). Getting out of the cultural norm of what breakfast food is was hard but, once you do the possibilities are endless.

This!
  • Feenin2bfitt
    Feenin2bfitt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Cottage cheese with almonds.
    Pork chop.

a pork chop for breakfast?? lol
  • BellaChantal
    BellaChantal Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Agree 100%. I just attended a nutrition class and the nutritionist said what you said in your fist sentence almost verbatim. Last week at work the nutrition personnel gave a healthy cooking demonstration. The dish the cook made was saltfish stew & plantains (sliced), and a salad. He said this an example of a typical breakfast in the Caribbean. At first I thought, "Ewww, saltfish stew?" but, it was actually delicious. Instead of using the traditional saltfish, he substituted unsalted cod. He used 1-2 tsp olive oil to saute garlic; red, orange, and yellow bell peppers; shallots; yellow onion; and red pepper flakes. He placed a few slices of tomatoes on top then added the fish with salt, pepper, and vinegar. Covered and let it simmer for about 15 minutes then stirred just before serving to try and keep the fish together. It was delicious!! For the plantains, he boiled them in the skin then peeled and sliced them. I'm going to make it at home later this week, omit the plantains, sub sauteed spinach, and keep the salad. The nutritionist said to web search "breakfast around the world" to get some good ideas to add variety to breakfast. Actually, BuzzFeed has a great video on YouTube.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I had to look that up, @vinegar_husbands . Interesting. Fried cheese.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    OP, you could also try preparing eggs differently, as in crustless quiche, whipped in to a souffle, and frittata.
  • hhtafran
    hhtafran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What is chi
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I love eggs but change it up on the weekends due to my work load. I had a black bean burger with avocado, tomatoes and feta. Delicious for a breakfast treat.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Get your oatmeal fill before it gets too hot! And grits are a good way to feel full (just take it easy with the cheese and butter.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Sausage.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    hhtafran wrote: »
    What is chi

Chia seeds. Chock full of soluble fiber and fats. Soak it in milk/liquid and it swells to many times it's original size.