PiYoga Videos?

Options
I'm asking this here since I'm looking for something fairly specific.

I'm looking for PiYoga videos that are free and can be pulled up on Youtube - preferably for the beginner who happens to be a 33 year-old with 50 year-old hips.

Would anyone happen to have any recommendations?

Replies

• amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did Craigslist search earlier today and found a couple cheap options.
  • 1ProudHappyWife
    1ProudHappyWife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's not piyo, but I recently came across an amazing yoga channel on YouTube called yoga with Adrian. :smiley:

I realize that doesn't really help in your search, but thought I'd share.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Have you tried searching piyo on youtube or google?
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options
    Have you tried searching piyo on youtube or google?

Yes. Unfortunately, many of the results on youtube are dance-fusion (not interested, as I get plenty of cardio), or seem to be inexperienced people who may or may not actually know how to instruct in Pilates or yoga.

I'm willing to pay a little, but then I run into the risk of wasting actual money on the same issues I listed above.

I was hoping someone would chime in with a "Yes! X program is the best thing ever!" and I could go from there. I guess PiYoga is still a little too specific a workout.
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Chalene Johnson's PiYo program? It is not free (and not what i would consider cheap) - it's a cardio workout based on Pilates and Yoga with most of the moves being Pilates/Yoga - just done at a pace designed to burn calories - I really like it myself...
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options
    mmteixeira wrote: »
    Have you looked at Chalene Johnson's PiYo program? It is not free (and not what i would consider cheap) - it's a cardio workout based on Pilates and Yoga with most of the moves being Pilates/Yoga - just done at a pace designed to burn calories - I really like it myself...

I will check into that. Thanks!
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Could you just alternate pilates and yoga workouts? I am not sure what piyoga gives you that the individual pieces do not, sorry if this is a silly question... :)
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options
    Could you just alternate pilates and yoga workouts? I am not sure what piyoga gives you that the individual pieces do not, sorry if this is a silly question... :)

Not a silly question at all. I might have to be satisfied with that.

The combination is said to improve your flexibility while strengthening the muscles in a shorter workout time. Since I'm only using these workouts as a supplement during off days/days when I can't make it to the gym or outside, I'm not going to be doing them super, super often (2-3 times a week, maybe). Starting two different videos wouldn't be the end of the world. I just like to be efficient with my time.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out Chalene's PiYo. I've been doing it & love it. I paid $65 from Beachbody.com but you can Check eBay or craigslist to see if you can get it at a lower price :)
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's not piyo, but I recently came across an amazing yoga channel on YouTube called yoga with Adrian. :smiley:

I realize that doesn't really help in your search, but thought I'd share.

This! Adriene is great.