A NSV, I really never thought of....

Options
reyna99
reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
A loong story somewhat short....
I have been having 'women complications' and finally went to the doctor yesterday. I had to get on the scale and was not anxious or dreading it (for once), I'm ok with where I am and I know I am continuing to lose. anyways....The nurse starts taking my Blood Pressure then my Heart Rate. I was telling her that after I run I get bad cramps-wondering if it was b/c of my birth control, after she took my heart rate, she asks me how far I run, I answered, "Not to far, 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week" She continues and says "that is far, and with your Heart Rate so low you can tell you're an Athlete" I WAS SHOCKED!! did she call me an athlete!?!? seriously I'm overweight!! I was grinning from ear to ear! and about started to cry, which I did on the drive home. I have came so far and even though I might not like what the scale says or how my body looks, one of the main reasons for this weightloss journey is to get HEALTHY!! and I'm doing that!

Replies

• Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations!!! That is sooo amazing! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    that's a great motivator! and isn't if funny how one kind word can make our entire day? and she probably didn't even realize the compliment she was paying you!

congratulations on your hard work and I hope your "female issue" gets resolved soon!
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is soooo awesome....and hello....2-3 mile is far. Its not a marathon, but it IS far...and you ARE an athlete.

I took my blood pressure the other day while I was at the drug mart, and as it had been concerningly high during my pregnancy (gave birth in feb) I was super elated to see it read 115/57 :) Made me want to go visit my OB just to show her what I have done, and how far I have come since those last few weeks on my pregnancy!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! What a great feeling! :)
  • shaundam
    shaundam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WOW! That was a powerful compliment, I teared up just reading it!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Can't wait till I get there! WTG!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    What a great feeling!! Congrats!!!
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    So inspirational :smile:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That has to be such an awesome feeling!!! Good for you!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is SO exciting; keep up the great work!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Oh that is AWESOME! Good for you!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Well done my friend... you deserve every bit of praise..

Keep it up!!
  • sweetfeet320
    sweetfeet320 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Such an AWESOME story, big Congrats!
  • reyna99
    Options
    Thanks! I still struggle jogging the whole 3 miles, I prob walk half/run half...so to me I still fill 'out of shape'.

It made this crappy week-WONDERFUL!!
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! The best part is that she was probably referring to your heartrate! I have an athletic heart probably since I played competitive sports for half my life. My at rest hr. Is between 39-45. So when you work out you burn more calories bc the difference between your at rest hr. And active hr is greater. Also your heartrate probably goes back to your rest hr very quick!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OMG that is such a great story, thank you for sharing, you are always such a great motivator for me!
  • reyna99
    Options
    OMG that is such a great story, thank you for sharing, you are always such a great motivator for me!

aww thanks!
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    :flowerforyou: {applause for you} Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!