Need Urgent Advice Please!

Options
Since I've Started Work I Only Have My Lunch At Work, Resulting To Me Have One Big Meal At Dinner Time To Meet My Calorie Goal, I'm Not Gaining Weight But Yet I'm Not Loosing Either, What Can I Do To Help Me Loose?

Replies

• fit2Blean
    fit2Blean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you eating breakfast? I was unable to loose weight until I started 4 small zone balanced meals--20/20 diet by Dr Phil. I've lost steadily for twelve weeks.
  • GeexJai14
    GeexJai14 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Are you managing your two litres a day of water? Could you have a little snack with you while working ?
  • hectorh82
    hectorh82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Since I've Started Work I Only Have My Lunch At Work, Resulting To Me Have One Big Meal At Dinner Time To Meet My Calorie Goal, I'm Not Gaining Weight But Yet I'm Not Loosing Either, What Can I Do To Help Me Loose?

breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, maybe snack.. what are the hrs you are working with?? like what time do you work? am/pm. 4hrs a day/ 8 hrs a day?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I've heard and am not sure how i feel personally but its about your daily calorie intake not what time you eat. I feel like I tend to agree. Over a 24 hr period you can't over eat and lose weight despite what time of day you eat.

I'd focus on weighing your food and getting ultra accurate with your calorie intake because if your not losing, your eating to much..somewhere/somehow. This could be a logging issue. The other thing to examine is if you've accurately calculated your calorie intake level to enable you to lose weight.

Good Luck.
  • PrincessxSoph
    PrincessxSoph Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, maybe snack.. what are the hrs you are working with?? like what time do you work? am/pm. 4hrs a day/ 8 hrs a day?[/quote]

9am - 5am Is The Hours I Work, With Me Working In Admin Office I Don't Get Much Excersise Either
  • mininonnie
    mininonnie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The large food at dinner is probably super close to you going to sleep so you're not working it off before you go to bed. Is there a way for you to eat more at work an then have a smaller dinner?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The time you eat does not matter to weight loss, either does eating all your calories in one go.

Just eat less calories than you burn off over the week.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Eating One Big Meal At Dinner Won't Affect Your Ability To Lose Weight As Long As Your Overall Calories For The Day Are In Line. If You're Not Losing Weight, Start Accurately Weighing And Measuring Your Food To Make Sure You Are Accurately Logging Your Calories.
  • T0M_K
    Options
    mininonnie wrote: »
    The large food at dinner is probably super close to you going to sleep so you're not working it off before you go to bed. Is there a way for you to eat more at work an then have a smaller dinner?

its not about working off a meal. its about consuming the correct amount of calories per day. Don't over think it. spend that energy on logging accurately. THEN if you are...and i should say i'm not saying you aren't....you would have to either exercise or cut your calorie intake.
  • PrincessxSoph
    Options
    Before I Started Work, I Was Losing General 1-2 Pounds Overnight, And All Of A Sudden It's Stop, I'm Seriously Considering To Have Less Calories Than What My Intake Is And Very Small Portions?
  • T0M_K
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Before I Started Work, I Was Losing General 1-2 Pounds Overnight, And All Of A Sudden It's Stop, I'm Seriously Considering To Have Less Calories Than What My Intake Is And Very Small Portions?

are you weighing your food? Also, have you adjusted your calorie intake for your "new lower" weight? you have to adjust as time goes on to continue on your deficit based upon your new body composition.

Are you weighing yourself at the same time of day as before? and it could be that if you are eating more closer to the time you used to weigh yourself vs how you are doing it now, it just may take time on this new, we'll call it lifestyle, to determine if you are still losing.

How long ago has your eating times changed?
  • PrincessxSoph
    Options
    4 Days Ago, Weighed Myself This Morning 2 Pounds Put On, I'll Soon Be Back To Wear I Started :(
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I really don't believe that the timing or distribution of food across the day matters at all.
    What matters is how many calories you consume and how many calories you expend.
    If these are not regular up/down fluctuations (we all get them!) and you are gaining, then it's because you either are eating more or moving less since you started work.

PS Capitalising every word makes your posts quite hard to read.
  • nana4sons
    nana4sons Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I where you I would start by reexamining my app. settings( if you are using it) to make sure everything is correct ie. height,weight activity level. Your app should be adjusting your calorie intake by your weight loss. And if you continue to gain weight eating a less then 1200 calorie diet I would see your doctor and have blood work done. You have to put in your new weight into your app weekly.
  • T0M_K
    Options
    4 Days Ago, Weighed Myself This Morning 2 Pounds Put On, I'll Soon Be Back To Wear I Started :(

your not answering the questions about your food logging. No one can help you unless you describe exactly what you are doing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you do not need breakfast or snacks or several meals a day. You need to eat less calories. A lot of people lose weight eating only 1 or 2 meals a day (myself included). I eat a small lunch and a large dinner but stay within my calorie goals. If you are in a calorie deficit you will lose fat.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    How many floors are in your building? Do they have water coolers? Get up at least once an hour and take a lap to get water, or if possible use a bathroom on another floor. If it is warm where you live/work go for a walk on your lunch break. Any kind of movement is good. If those are not options they make a small under desk workout machine it looks like pedals for a bike you place under your desk and pedal away.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    I do that on purpose almost everyday. I don't get hungry in the morning, therefore, I have an appple about 11 and eat a light lunch and have a nice, big dinner.

I'm not losing, but that's because I'm not exercising and i'm usually eating my maintanence calories. However, I haven't gained. If you weigh everything you eat and account for all calories accurately, you should see a loss.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Eating just before bedtime will not stop fat loss if you are in a calorie deficit.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options

Your metabolism doesn't shut off when you go to sleep. . its works 24/7. Eat when you want. And please stop the capitals its as annoying and hard to read as italics.