Need Urgent Advice Please!

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Just stop. Everyone. Meal timing Does Not Matter.

Get your calories in check. Use a food scale. Log accurately and don't forget drinks and condiments, especially cooking oil and salad dressings.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I believe you need to eat more than one meal. At a minimum try incorporating a couple meal replacement shakes to keep your metabolism going throughout the day.
  • arditarose
    Options
    This thread is going to be the death of me. I should have finished my coffee before reading the forums.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm having a hard time understanding your problem ... this is what I believe you have said ... You recently started work and eat lunch at work and then eat a big dinner to reach a calorie goal and you have platued in weight loss ... and you wonder if it is the big meal at dinner that is doing that? Am I on the right track?

First, if you have stopped losing weight and are eating the same number of calories now as before you started working, then you are probably not using as many calories now as before. That could be because of decreased activity, a decreased metabolic rate (activity and weight related)

Second, I recently read an article that states we don't need to eat 3 squares a day but that skipping breakfast is not a good idea because it has been found that doing so helps us burn more calories throughout the rest of the day.

Here is a link to that article
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/how-3-meals-day-became-rule-and-why-we-should-be-eating-whenever-we-get-hungry-324892

Also ... was your eating pattern before one that had you eating many small meals throughout the day and now you only eat 2? If so ... is your place of work allowing you to have breaks in the morning and/or afternoon and are you allowed to have food at your work station? IF so ... you can briing snacks like veggie strips and hummus, or a piece of fruit and cheese or nuts ... there are many ... and have them at break time. That would have you using up more of your calorie allowance during the day and give you less available at dinner time (thus helping you to not have such a large meal at the end of the day)
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I think there are many good answers here. Just to let you know I work in a office from 7:30am to 4:30pm. I take short breaks from my desk and briskly walk down the stairs. You don't need to be away from your desk for long, just a little burst of energy. I do eat breakfast ( couldn't function without it), snack, lunch, snack, dinner. I always find time for exercise either first thing in the morning or after work. It could be a quick set of exercises, at home or I go to a class at the gym, I have lost 6 lbs since Christmas. You don't need to have a membership though to exercise. Visit Popsugar.com, it's a cool site that will give you a bunch of exercises that you can do at home or at the gym, I think you'll love it!! You will find what works for you, just keep at it!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    bruhaha007 wrote: »
    I believe you need to eat more than one meal. At a minimum try incorporating a couple meal replacement shakes to keep your metabolism going throughout the day.

Nonsense. Our metabolism doesn't shut down if we don't feed it food every couple of hours.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Please show me the research study that reflects what I am saying is inaccurate. I can be swayed but it needs backed.
  • arditarose
    Options
    to each our own opinion and research. I respect everyone else's opinion on here regardless if you don't.
    We'd be happy to read the research you have found on this topic.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Before I Started Work, I Was Losing General 1-2 Pounds Overnight, And All Of A Sudden It's Stop, I'm Seriously Considering To Have Less Calories Than What My Intake Is And Very Small Portions?

You should only expect to lose 1-2 lbs a week. 3025clzn6idi.jpg

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    This thread is going to be the death of me. I should have finished my coffee before reading the forums.

I'm surprised starvation mode hasn't been mentioned yet.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I'm wit this.
    Just stop. Everyone. Meal timing Does Not Matter.

1000% THIS..!!!

Get your calories in check. Use a food scale. Log accurately and don't forget drinks and condiments, especially cooking oil and salad dressings. [/quote]

• arditarose
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »

I'm surprised starvation mode hasn't been mentioned yet.

Don't get me started. My heart just skipped a beat lol.

But seriously, not to derail. Meal timing doesn't matter, shakes don't rev up your metabolism. Eat in a deficit, weigh your food, lose weight. It's that "simple". Also eat when you want-I eat 800 calories right before bed.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    4 Days Ago, Weighed Myself This Morning 2 Pounds Put On, I'll Soon Be Back To Wear I Started :(

Remember .. weight does fluctuate ... you could be retaining more water, be constipated, be in that time of the month when you are bloated ... etc. Don't be so quick to make changes ... it's always discouraging when you weigh yourself in the morning and you are up instead of down from yesterday morning ... but that doesn't mean it's 'real' weight you have gained unless your body is storing a lot of extra food as energy in your muscles and fat ... and that would have to have been on whopper of a high calorie day and wouldn't show up overnight probably anyway.

corrected spelling
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Me too.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    we're wasting our time until the OP answers the questions posed WAY back in regards to what/how she is logging....if/if not she has adjusted her cal intake for her "current" weight.
  • letsgosabres2013
    Options
    Adding certain spices like black pepper to your lunch can really add that extra boost to help you lose weight. Also try eating homemade soups such as lentil soup (high in protein, fibre, magnesium, and iron), which will help you become more full during the day and also boost metabolism. I agree with a lot of the previous statements regarding water consumption as well. Good luck!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Nonsense. Our metabolism doesn't shut down if we don't feed it food every couple of hours.

Actually, we do need to spread our caloric intake out throughout the day. This textbook also advocates having at least a light breakfast to maintain homeostasis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22414/
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you are accurately logging your food, and meeting or short of your calorie goal, 7 days each week you will lose weight. If you are over on your sodium target you will retain water, masking the weight loss temporarily.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Please show me the research study that reflects what I am saying is inaccurate. I can be swayed but it needs backed.

Show me research that your metabolism stops at any point before death.
  • Squeaksfriend
    Squeaksfriend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All calories are not created equal. Are you consuming sugar or starchy foods that convert into sugar? If you are then your body will use those as energy and store everything else as fat.