Play injured

Options
I tweaked my shoulder two weeks back, it was really uncomfortable to put weight on and hard to move above my head so I opted out of working out with it to much. By yesterday it was feeling 90% it was working itself out, I did a very light chest day a couple days back and it felt great so I decided to do it again yesterday. While I was doing cable chest flies I heard a pop and immediate pain shooting in my shoulder. Now I can't move my arm parrallel to the ground, this sucks. Hoping to get into the doc today so I can get it looked at and referred out if necessary. I'm supposed to be bulking for the next 4 weeks but now I am at a loss. Anyone else have any fun injuries they are dealing/have dealt with?

Replies

• TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    <3 I feel your literal pain.
    Current injury: Major turn burn on my elbow/high forearm. About 5 inches long, 4 inches wide, give or take.

Past 'fun' injuries: Subdural hematoma on my quad - 2 weeks out. Partial ACL tear, broken each collar bone, broken wrist, sprained ankles.

You'd think I would learn and maybe play less soccer but.... soccer = life for me.

Good luck on your healing.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    How long have you been bulking or were you just starting a month long bulk? You may want to maintain until you are better.

I've worked through and around tons of injuries. Currently my foot is broken, but I have permission to continue squats and deadlifts as long as I don't do high impact things (like running).
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Currently nursing a torn mcl, just after recovering from golfer's elbow, done just a few weeks after getting back to stuff after a lower back injury. All of this was done outside the gym, too. This past half year has NOT been nice to my routine, at all. I second what usmcmp said and just look at maintaining during your recovery. Hopefully it will be a much more speedy one!
  • Ttlklutz
    Ttlklutz Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    How long have you been bulking or were you just starting a month long bulk? You may want to maintain until you are better.

I've worked through and around tons of injuries. Currently my foot is broken, but I have permission to continue squats and deadlifts as long as I don't do high impact things (like running).

I've been at it since the end of November. The only thing I'm going to be able to do until my arm is better is leg machines that doesn't require my to hold anything. I might have to consider cutting early. Hopefully I will be able to get into a physical therapist or something of the like.
  • Ttlklutz
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »
    <3 I feel your literal pain.
    Current injury: Major turn burn on my elbow/high forearm. About 5 inches long, 4 inches wide, give or take.

Past 'fun' injuries: Subdural hematoma on my quad - 2 weeks out. Partial ACL tear, broken each collar bone, broken wrist, sprained ankles.

You'd think I would learn and maybe play less soccer but.... soccer = life for me.

Good luck on your healing.

Thank you! You are one tough cookie! I see you abide by "play injured" haha.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound very good at all. Shoulders are pretty complex to heal. Even when they feel good they can injure themselves fairly easily. Hope things go smooyh.

My injuries are too long to list. I work through them because just part of what I deal with 8t 8s not normal circumstances.
  • Ttlklutz
    Options
    I went to the doctor and they said I have a strained rotator cuff and they referred me to a physical therapist. I am going to start cutting this week, trying not to feel to down about it. Nothing I can do.
  • Haevyre
    Haevyre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Careful with that. I feel your pain! I popped mine a few years ago. After a week or so, I'd feel better, then tweak it again. After a month of this, I decided to leave it alone for a full month before I was able to resume normal activities. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Ttlklutz wrote: »
    I went to the doctor and they said I have a strained rotator cuff and they referred me to a physical therapist. I am going to start cutting this week, trying not to feel to down about it. Nothing I can do.

I've had 6 shoulder operations. When you go to the pt explain to them that you want to workout and are willing to put in more than the typical rehab exercises/sets/time as you want to get this fixed (without going to stupid or damaging levels (

One of the pt u worked with said so many people don't do the pt as prescribed they tend to go a bit easier with it just so people do something.

Best of luck.
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am discouraged with my problem shoulders. I do 1- 1.5 hrs on treadmill or bike daily but any efforts I make in weights even lightest levels seem to cause me pain for days afterwards (when I put weight on my elbows while lying down it's so painful) I hate to give up the weights because I want my arms to tone up as I lose but I just don't know what to do.
  • Ttlklutz
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

I've had 6 shoulder operations. When you go to the pt explain to them that you want to workout and are willing to put in more than the typical rehab exercises/sets/time as you want to get this fixed (without going to stupid or damaging levels (

One of the pt u worked with said so many people don't do the pt as prescribed they tend to go a bit easier with it just so people do something.

Best of luck.
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Best of luck.

Thanks for the share out, I will let them know. I get to go on Wednesday so I am excited to hit the road to recovery, I do not want to lose all my gains haha
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I have a slightly weaker "rugby shoulder" (presumably from years of hitting people with it), which means that I have to go slightly carefully on bench press... Other than an odd broken finger, I've managed to be surprisingly injury free...