Today is a new day

Options
No real point to this post, but I'm writing it down as it is a significant shift in my mindset from previous weight loss attempts. Yesterday was a horrid day for various reasons and I ended up having a little emotional eating session at the end of the day....me and the Nutella jar! Today, I woke up still feeling a little wobbly bit I went to the gym, I didn't try to work off those excess calories doing crazy amounts of cardio, I haven't punished myself today by not eating anything. Essentially I've just got back on plan and written yesterday off as just a blip..... In the past I would have punished myself by starving myself and going crazy in the gym this getting endlessly stuck in a binge/starve/binge repeat cycle. A small but significant success I think....

Replies

• cassandrawoodham
    cassandrawoodham Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    we all have bad days...that's why I don't have nutella in my house anymore coz I would do the same thing.
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing exactly what you need to....I have to remind myself that each day is a new beginning after both good and bad days.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Yep. All you can do is make the next right choice.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post. You helped me through a similar event. Your wisdom got me back on track instead of giving up, you rock! Thanks!
  • Savanna2015mfp
    Savanna2015mfp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    me too ...Becsinkl--no other way to go but forward--right there with just finished overdoing it myself--so I know what you mean..keep pushing onward---
  • CountessOCandy
    CountessOCandy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This needs a meme :smile:
    582nua5cbpba.jpg
  • ChelseaPeanut
    ChelseaPeanut Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!! In my previous attempts if I blew a day I'd say screw it, I'll start again on Monday... Not sure why I did this..It's like dropping an egg out of the carton and saying "Might as well throw them all on the floor now" :p
    Now I know how ridiculous I was being...It's a new day, a new hour, a new minute :)
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    That is a good way to handle it! We all have those days and every day is a new day just like @ChelseaPeanut expressed.
  • Kelceybyers
    Kelceybyers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!! In my previous attempts if I blew a day I'd say screw it, I'll start again on Monday... Not sure why I did this..It's like dropping an egg out of the carton and saying "Might as well throw them all on the floor now" :p
    Now I know how ridiculous I was being...It's a new day, a new hour, a new minute :)

I always did this. If I had one bad day I turned it into a bad week lol.