Couch to 5K-Goal to run 5K in September

Options
I started C25K yesterday... Planning to run the 5K in September. Anyone interested in a group to motivate?

Replies

• LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! You can count me in.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm starting next week, no 5k planned, just to see if i can. Good Luck!
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I'm not doing a true CT5K program - but I am gearing up for my first 5 K in September. I don't know if I will do more walking then running. I joined a training program that meets every week for the next 13 weeks until my 5K and it starts this week! :) I'm going to test the waters the first couple of weeks of training to see if I think I can run/jog it. Good luck! :)
  • shawn_chas102304
    Options
    I am on week 5 day 1 (finished it this morning) and I plan to run a 5k late August/early Sept. It's a GREAT program!!!
    Goodluck!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I have started it last week..it almost killed me :)
    i had to redo last week again
    hoping to do the run in september
    good luck :)
  • gcumpson
    gcumpson Posts: 39
    Options
    can you join if you just like the topic. All runners are different so it helps to get everyones advice perspective....
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How does Couch to 5K work?
  • meagmatt
    meagmatt Posts: 17
    Options
    @charmaine-I tried to start a few weeks ago but after being sedentary so long I walked about 2 miles every day for 10 days. I tried again yesterday and was able to do the entire first day. I was amazed. Keep with it!
  • meagmatt
    Options
    It's a program that trains you with intervals to run a 5K in 9 weeks. I have the iphone app.
  • meagmatt
    Options
    Sure. Since I can't call myself a runner yet Id love the input.
  • Judith034
    Judith034 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes, I am... Inbox me please..
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! Count me in too. No actual run in September, but I want to be able to run :)
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this!!!
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    im in, im in. im in! haha ive been looking for a thread to start this. i have attempted to start it before but always stopped. but i am trying it tonight!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm on W1D3!! I feel great! I'm planning on repeating week 1 right off the bat because even though I am finishing it I'm feeling pretty beat by the last run option and BARELY making it.
  • chovam
    chovam Posts: 18
    Options
    Count me in I started yesterday and My 5k is in September also
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i did day 1 yesterday! i ran outside so my pace was probably pretty slow, i did really well until the last 2 runs, i probably only did half of each. but it was definitely exhilarating!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Im starting this with my sister tomorrow. So will defo keep an eye on this topic. Good Luck xx
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too! I'm looking at a Freedom 5K in September as well :)

I have a free program for the iPhone that is really good! You can listen to music and use a gps tracker and it will talk over the other programs and say "Walk" or "Run" and since it is free it is on my iPhone ;) It's called "5K Runner"
  • meagmatt
    Options
    I usually run outside because I think treadmills make the time/distance seem SO LONG but I have to say, as a big woman, that the stress on my ankles was much less on the treadmill. Of course, I don't think the 5K is on the treadmill... I'll try and do 50/50 until I get some more pounds off, I think.

I also LOVE the iphone app!