200lbs lost. 100 lbs to go. San Diego.

Options
Anyone from San Diego? About me. Started my weight loss at 526 lbs. Lost 120 lbs on a medicallysupervised shake program. In December 2014 I had Gastric bypass surgery. Have lost a total of 200lbs. I have another 100 lbs to go to get me to my goal. I had surgery because I had lost weight before, but gained it back. I chose the surgery as an aid, a tool. The surgery was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. Please don't think surgery is an easy way out. Lots of hard work. Been at a steady weight for 6 months. No gain or loss. But I consider that a win.
Now back on track. Diet is going strong and working out again daily. Hope to loss another 100 lbs to get to my goal by end of 2017.

Feel free to add me and ask any questions. Anyway I can help anyone with their journey I would love to help. Please be nice. We are all in this health journey together.

Todd

Replies

• flossynorstrom
    flossynorstrom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello from Australia, you have made such wonderful progress. Those who say weight loss surgery is the easy way out have no idea what they are talking about (maybe they are uneducated?). For arguments sake, say you had a cancerous tumour and had it removed surgically, no one is going to tell you you took the easy way out. I believe its the same for weight loss surgery. In my opinion, you got the problem surgically removed just as you would having a cancerous tumour removed. Keep up the brilliant work!! You must be so proud of yourself.
  • thomasgarcia7
    thomasgarcia7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Keep at it. From Chula Vista CA.
  • tbeauton
    tbeauton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too. San Diego is just easier.
  • g8britten
    g8britten Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    amazing, brilliant,excellent, great what more can I say, well done you. my name is Leanne Im from Southampton England.Uk
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    niiiice job.
  • Jburlen2007
    Jburlen2007 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Kudos for the hard work; keep it up!
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OMG
  • cmurph1969
    cmurph1969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a journey, and everyone's journey is different. Be proud of yourself and what you have accomplished. Shout out from Wisconsin. Feel free to add me if you want.