P90X

Options
Hello, I'm new and I can't seem to find any of the P90X system on the exercise diary portion. I don't think it is possible that no one has added it. I can't be the only one crazy enough to do this routine :) Help please! I want to accuretely track my exercises. When I searched for yoga that is not even close to the yoga routine P90X has you do. Thx!

Replies

• Dblair96
    Dblair96 Posts: 8
    Options
    You are 100% correct Jenny... the only way to really do it is search for cardio exercise and choose high intensity cardio or something like that bc no doubt P90X is high intensity. That's the best match I've found for it.
  • dcberg00
    dcberg00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue at first. You have to use the add an exercise feature and input in data from your HRM.
  • Sass_on_HIGH
    Options
    you are not the only one, I'm crazy to. lol but, i have not seen anything out here regarding calories burned for doing that either.
  • RiverInTheRoad
    Options
    I'm doing the P90X thing too! *high five* It is a little disheartening that P90X isn't on here as an exercise but until that changes, you can substitute it with "Judo, karate, kick boxing, tae kwan do" and if you do the whole workout for P90X, you can put in 47 minutes for 599 (this is being on the consertavive side which is the best way to go IMO) cals to get the most accurate calories burned. It's a little tedious at times but until they add it, you just kind of have to go with the "rose by any other name" approach.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    P90X isn't on the system because everyone burns a different amount, the program recommends a HRM (heart rate monitor), that way you can accurately log every exercise and know how many cals you burnt each session, the cals I burn can vary, for example back and biceps the other day was 745 cals, where as the week before was in the 500's.

Ben.
  • Britt22706
    Britt22706 Posts: 97
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor (HRM)!!!! It is a must because (at least for me) MFP was over calculating my calories burned because it never factors in your changing heart rate. As for the strength, I'd say you are okay to use the strength training cardio option. For Yoga, I would also use an HRM
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    No, things like P90X aren't going to be in the exercise database. You'll have to choose something like aerobics or high intensity cardio to get an estimate. You're best bet, however, is to invest in a heart rate monitor with a cheststrap. Then you'll be able to create your own P90X category, and enter an exact amount of calories burned.

Honestly, I don't think knowing how much you burn doing P90X is important. If you're also following the included nutrition plan, I'm pretty sure that P90X includes extra calories to make up for exercise -- which is just like eating your exercise calories back (and one of the reasons why it's so nice to know how many calories you burn working out.) I could be wrong, but last time I read the nutrition guide, I got the impression that 1800-2100 (depending on which level you're at) covers all that refueling needed after exercising.
  • Jennym03
    Jennym03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome guidance thx! I will buy a HRM. It seems like it is the only way to accurately track calories burned and then I can pick what to call each of the videos (like Kenpo is close to judo, martial arts moves)
  • Jennym03
    Options
    Thankyou for pointing that out. I didn't realize the importance of the HRM
  • Jennym03
    Options
    This is the most challenging routine I have ever attempted and I was a swimmer! I was glad that other people posted to wait until the first round is over to check for results. I wanted to run out and buy a scale the day I started! I will be patient.