Coffee??

2»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    hadley099 wrote: »
    hmm ok, so what if one drinks an iced skinny vanilla latte from starbucks (160 cal) but its in there calorie goal for the day. Still terrible?

who said anything about it being terrible?
  • hadley099
    hadley099 Posts: 32 Member
    not terrible, i just mean how far of a stretch is it to have each day. is it a big cheat item or am i overthinking it?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    not terrible, i just mean how far of a stretch is it to have each day. is it a big cheat item or am i overthinking it?

If it fits your calories, have at it.
  • hadley099
    hadley099 Posts: 32 Member
    easy as that, thank you!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    French Press: Dark Roast, preferably a good French Roast.
    If real cream doesn't fit in your daily allowance, I've found the International Delight creamer to be pretty good. (The almond milk creamers are chalky- yuk.)

But here's the thing.
    If you don't like it, don't drink it. Caffeine is one of the hardest habits to quit. I used to not like coffee but then I discovered mochas,. My mocha madness led to more refined tastes over time, and a vacation in Scotland staying in a B&B that served a fresh hot French Press on the breakfast table every morning convinced me that was the only way to go. But I'm addicted now. Breaking my coffee habit will be a long hard road if I ever decide to do it.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    I, too, like to force foods to grow on me. It's a weird personality quirk, I guess. Now I'll eat almost anything, including menudo and beets. Not together, though. That would be gross.

If you want to get used to coffee, don't feel bad about lighter roasts-they have more caffeine. :D Add whatever you like to make it palatable. I like coffee because it's cheaper than soda and not as rough on my teeth. Now I drink it black, but I didn't used to like it that way. Dried nonfat milk, equal, and a little vanilla extract, cinnamon or cocoa powder worked for me.
  • I drink it everyday!
  • jcota315
    jcota315 Posts: 7 Member
    A medium roast coffee actually has the most caffeine per serving. The typical rule of thumb is 1 scoop (2 tsp of grounds) per 8 oz. of water. If it's the acidic nature of the coffee that bothers you try cold brewing. You put your grounds and water in a french press, let it sit over night, press and strain. It's much smoother without adding a bunch of stuff
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    jcota315 wrote: »
    A medium roast coffee actually has the most caffeine per serving. The typical rule of thumb is 1 scoop (2 tsp Tbsp of grounds) per 8 oz. of water. If it's the acidic nature of the coffee that bothers you try cold brewing. You put your grounds and water in a french press, let it sit over night, press and strain. It's much smoother without adding a bunch of stuff

FIFY
  • jcota315
    jcota315 Posts: 7 Member
    jcota315 wrote: »
    A medium roast coffee actually has the most caffeine per serving. The typical rule of thumb is 1 scoop (2 tsp of grounds) per 8 oz. of water. If it's the acidic nature of the coffee that bothers you try cold brewing. You put your grounds and water in a french press, let it sit over night, press and strain. It's much smoother without adding a bunch of stuff

I meant 1 (2 Tbsp) scoop per 2 cups of coffee not 1 to 1. It was late when I wrote this
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Why did you put Hershey kisses in it? That's new! ;)
  • bazzen2016
    bazzen2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Ive been drinking coffee 7 years ago ... I love Arabic or as its popula (Turkish) coffee. For you i think you should drink it with milk or soya milk its better!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I'm completely uneducated when it comes to coffee. Obviously the flavoured ones such as mocha, vanilla etc have a fair few more calories than regular coffee?
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member

If it fits your calories, have at it.

+1
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I'm completely uneducated when it comes to coffee. Obviously the flavoured ones such as mocha, vanilla etc have a fair few more calories than regular coffee?

Not necessarily. Just depends on how they flavor it and what is added.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member

Not necessarily. Just depends on how they flavor it and what is added.

Yes. Buying flavored beans, they add just flavoring without sweetener. Buying flavored coffee in a coffee shop, however, you're getting several squirts of flavored sugar syrup and all the extra calories that come with.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Thanks guys, im going to peruse the coffee aisle next time I go shopping. I love the energy hit I get from coffee, just need to find a flavour I like.